Ryan Burch Surfboards

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
You guys want a gimmick board I’ve got a mackie sidecut for sale in the classifieds

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Why don’t you like the board? Sidecut is a gimmick?
I like it. Just not riding it enough. Surprised there’s no interest. Mick recommended those dimensions based on my other fish being 5’9 and 5’10

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
I like it. Just not riding it enough. Surprised there’s no interest. Mick recommended those dimensions based on my other fish being 5’9 and 5’10
I have a number of those boards. Good boards, buy too many and never get around to riding them.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Just got the email.

Secret Agent is done and ready to be shipped!

4 months on the dot. Was quoted 6 months, so I'm stocked it came early enough to get some winter juice.

It's a Christmas miracle!
What’s a Secret Agent? Sounds...secret.

Been loving the two boards I got from Ryan recently. The Oyster Fork is spectacular in good waves, but what has truly blown my mind these last two weeks is the Squit Fish. It’s so thick and wide that i can just pop it and get into waves early like longboard. Then it just flies around with so much speed and flow. As long as I bank my turns at the right moment, it stays under control and I just have to make sure my bottom turns are a bit more angled otherwise it gets out of control (for me). Flies through and around flat sections, and the sharp rails from the fins’ leading edge can hold a line perfectly. Really incredible board.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
My buddy has a traditional nose asymmetric from Ryan. He surfed it really well and the board felt great under the arm. I liked the outline more than the parallelogram.

Reactions: jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
My buddy has a traditional nose asymmetric from Ryan. He surfed it really well and the board felt great under the arm. I liked the outline more than the parallelogram.
Good to know. Looking forward to getting it!

I don't like the nose on the parallelogram. When watching Ryan surf it, my eye was always drawn to the nose and I couldn't get past it. Don't mind the nose on my oyster fork, although I'm sure it bothers some.

Reactions: JDJ

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Good to know. Looking forward to getting it!

I don't like the nose on the parallelogram. When watching Ryan surf it, my eye was always drawn to the nose and I couldn't get past it. Don't mind the nose on my oyster fork, although I'm sure it bothers some.
Someone in the lineup yesterday morning asked me, "What? Are you riding that board backwards?"

• Haha
Reactions: ZeeHawk and retodd

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
go back and search the erbb in 2004
you'll see what those here thought and joked about them back then just like the surfing world did to Jeff.
funny how things change over time when what was old and considered stupid now becomes hip
Over many decades I've accumulated half a dozen including an original 7'6" REX Manta, a 8'11" Gemini longboard and a big boy made by LaLa that steamroller bought and brought over for me.
They are very high performance boards for heavy backfooted surfers/surfing
with Jeff's bottom/tail/fin setup they have no upper limit
Lala (jon lalanne) is still making them locally on the big island with Jeff's approval.
I still have mine from the early 2000's that I got from Jeff via HIC.

Ryan's really refined the design and merged it with the assym but Jeff's original was burly and hardcore pedal to the metal especially the nose concave and tail/fin setup

Below are some recent shots from Lala's insta including and 8' gem and a new one in action on the west side. Hizon was riding these 20 years ago on the westside and in town REX had his followers.

you can see the nose concave, Ska8 deck and nose boat vee in my almost 20 yr old custom. And yah I did the double nose guards from Dave. Should've gone with red

gem2.JPG gem4.JPG

gem1.JPG hiz1.jpg

BA-Gemini Profile 1.JPG BA-Gemini Nose Concave.JPG BA-Gemini mid concave.JPG PICT0357.JPG