ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Dam! $1,600 bucks for a used Burch.

Reactions: RattimusBeach

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
wonder what this dude thinks of burches 2 nosed boards
Imperial Beach native Jeff Alexander of Alexander Surfboards is most known for his Gemini double-hulled surfboards. Alexander created the patented Gemini design in 1995 and put the boards to the test in Hawaii, Indonesia, Mexicio, Fiji, and his home of California. When Gemini surfboards first burst onto the surf scene, the majority of surfers were unwilling to embrace the radically new design. Featuring two noses blending into a double hull and 4 fin set-up, the Gemini claims to be the ultimate performance surfboard. Alexander also claims that a Gemini can be surfed in 2 foot slop to 8 foot heaving barrels which reduces the need for a surfer to buy a quiver. Tow versions of his Gemini designs have also had success in giant surf here in Hawaii and around the world.
1644525177145.png

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Imperial Beach native Jeff Alexander of Alexander Surfboards is most known for his Gemini double-hulled surfboards. Alexander created the patented Gemini design in 1995 and put the boards to the test in Hawaii, Indonesia, Mexicio, Fiji, and his home of California. When Gemini surfboards first burst onto the surf scene, the majority of surfers were unwilling to embrace the radically new design. Featuring two noses blending into a double hull and 4 fin set-up, the Gemini claims to be the ultimate performance surfboard. Alexander also claims that a Gemini can be surfed in 2 foot slop to 8 foot heaving barrels which reduces the need for a surfer to buy a quiver. Tow versions of his Gemini designs have also had success in giant surf here in Hawaii and around the world.
View attachment 123987
Burch :shrug: I thought griffin made the two nose first:drowning:

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
Dam! $1,600 bucks for a used Burch.

looks like one sold already!?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
View attachment 123987
My understanding is that he has Jeff's blessing on this.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
View attachment 123987
Apart from the Alpha Surfboard (5'8 GMM2) shaped by GG in 1775, all surfboards are derivative of previous ones in some way or another, so who cares?

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
View attachment 123987
Used to see a guy ripping on one of these at the Carlsbad campgrounds.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Yeah, he really can push that little fish to some crazy places. I love the sheer speed and flow he gets on it in one of those Indo sections, but where he takes it in that Psychic Migrations part is just amazing. They really nailed the music for that section in the original movie, so I found the accompanying music in this edit a little jarring.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Yeah, he really can push that little fish to some crazy places. I love the sheer speed and flow he gets on it in one of those Indo sections, but where he takes it in that Psychic Migrations part is just amazing. They really nailed the music for that section in the original movie, so I found the accompanying music in this edit a little jarring.
I thought the same of the music in the desert point vid.

Reactions: Goodfish

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Alexander isn't an IB native - but he surfed Sloughs and IB occasionally. He never comes up in conversations like Electric Duck (RIP) or David Craig - true locals. Rumor has it that Pat Curren was in IB paying respects to Mike's passing recently.

And I'll never pay a boutique price for a board from a Burch, Christenson, Knost... or whoever.

Fun watching Ryan on a chunk of foam though - may carve out a piece and have a go myself.