Rusty - The Keg

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Interesting Boar

Moderate rocker, deep concave, thicker foil in tail. Seems like a good board (dims adjusted of course) for a tired fellow like me that can surf fairly well but still wants something that can handle decent to good surf.

What say you?

I'm just a shlub when it comes to design.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Damn it looks really good to me. Clean, simple. Dims could be adjusted within reason for us 180+ lb folk.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Most of my boards these days are lower entry rocker which I think works well in the spots/waves I typically surf, getting into waves a tiny bit earlier and planing speed (need all the help I can get on both). But this could be a good option for those punchy, beach break barrel days. You should try it.
For a pro surfer, Wade's a solid build. When he was in SD last winter during a solid swell to work with R., people couldn't stop talking about how much spray he was throwing at the local reefs.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
So it basically an 80s hip squash on a proton type rocker/concave

Only 4 folks can ride it
Wade
Dane
Panda
Jordy
I was going to bring the Panda up. I went into a shop I don't normally go into, kind of talked about the boards I was into. The shop kid liked the Rustys, and he seemed to think the Panda would be worth a look and kind of encouraged me not to be too put off by the rocker.

I jacked off on the internet for an hour or so, figured I might swoop on craigslist if it popped up.

I do kind of like Cardoso's surfing. Prefer Heitor and Ferrari among the Brazilians.