Rusty blog

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
The boards I've had from R. have been really good when they're good.
Really bad when they're bad.
Build quality left a lot to be desired.
Pretty controversial shaper in my experience.
I have met Aussies who think R. is an Australian label.
Weren't Noa Deane's Rustys actually LSDs?
I feel like the off the rack boards are glassed weak, reminds me of CI. Their customs always look top notch. Haven't ridden one in years but loved a c5 phiranna back early 2000s

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Had a few OTR’s from their boardroom clearances. All were bulletproof bought for $400, sold for $400 a couple years later. What more could you want from the duuuuu.

imo his backyard clearances is a nice touch to hook up the locals loyal to the brand. have to catch the word of mouth or you miss out. used to regular the LJ boar room and the shop groms were quick on the deets.

Rusty gets a high five from me if I ever see him IRL.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I feel like the off the rack boards are glassed weak, reminds me of CI. Their customs always look top notch. Haven't ridden one in years but loved a c5 phiranna back early 2000s
It's really weird.

Mine have always been pretty much golfballed after the first or second surf. OTR or custom. Nose to tail.

Destroyed when correctly sandwiched in the boardbag while other manufacturer's boards were unscathed.

No such problems for other people.

They promise and deliver 2 - 3 weeks wait times. Do they push the limits of the blanks? Do they use whatever blank is available i.e. if the right type of blank is there but it's a comp weight do they just use it? Makes me wonder if being on the smaller side of average 'Merican might be a disadvantage when ordering.

People notice the construction - the light weight, the beautifully sharp edge on the tails (really fucking beautiful), the "pro glass schedule" which was ordered 4x4x6 - all this gets comments when guys pick them up for a fondle.

I tend to think it's a blank thing. My Slayer 2 basically acquires at least one large water related pressure dent every surf.

It really has been a huge deterrent to me ordering from them.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It's really weird.

Mine have always been pretty much golfballed after the first or second surf. OTR or custom. Nose to tail.

Destroyed when correctly sandwiched in the boardbag while other manufacturer's boards were unscathed.

No such problems for other people.

They promise and deliver 2 - 3 weeks wait times. Do they push the limits of the blanks? Do they use whatever blank is available i.e. if the right type of blank is there but it's a comp weight do they just use it? Makes me wonder if being on the smaller side of average 'Merican might be a disadvantage when ordering.

People notice the construction - the light weight, the beautifully sharp edge on the tails (really fucking beautiful), the "pro glass schedule" which was ordered 4x4x6 - all this gets comments when guys pick them up for a fondle.

I tend to think it's a blank thing. My Slayer 2 basically acquires at least one large water related pressure dent every surf.

It really has been a huge deterrent to me ordering from them.
How thin are you going? Maybe they have to skin too much to get your dims?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Pyzalien 1.0 is very good; enormous range. Imagine 2.0 would be great too.

How about going local and checking out Webster Sniper? Or Napalm?