RP thrusters: no quads, no fatties, no not believing in yourself

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
A little more rocker, vee under the chest, narrower in the nose but still full.

Kind of splits the difference between a Padillac and a 90s elf shoe gun, leaning more to the design of the Padillac.

The M13 works better in chunky choppy sh!t and works better for the type of large wave I typically surf.

Padillac paddles better and works better for point-and-pray type of surfing.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Anyone seen this? Wonder where it differs from the original M13
http://instagr.am/p/Cj0WU4JrG99/
I haven’t looked at them together and haven’t fondled a normal M13 in quite awhile so I’m going off memory.

M13 is narrower and more refined, knifier.

M23 has curvier outline, wider nose, more foam.

I think the rockers are essentially the same.

If the boards were women…

M13 - 90s fat chick

M23 - 2022 fat chick

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
A little more rocker, vee under the chest, narrower in the nose but still full.

Kind of splits the difference between a Padillac and a 90s elf shoe gun, leaning more to the design of the Padillac.

The M13 works better in chunky choppy sh!t and works better for the type of large wave I typically surf.

Padillac paddles better and works better for point-and-pray type of surfing.

The M-13 looks pretty unbeatable for a mortal in heavier waves. The vee, the fuller outline. It looks like a board more concerned with working despite your deficiencies rather than trying to keep up with the cool kids.

The M-22 looks like it probably works great, but it's kinda heading more eggy. But maybe I'm just being vain.

Last edited:

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
I always thought this thing looked mental, although I know I could never make this work

misterhat

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2007
I always thought this thing looked mental, although I know I could never make this work

I'm in my late 30's, and bigger waves are probably the only area where I'm still improving. But I think a big part of that is going 19-19.5" wide on my step ups. I have a 6'2" x 19 1/4" that I ride in bigger waves than I would my 6'6"x18.5" from way back in the day.