May 18, 2004
Innzid
Mmmm

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Mmmm

Didn't his place just burn down? Major bummer.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Some nice looking Hess twin pins at mollusk for a pretty penny. Almost too pretty to surf.

Reactions: bluengreen and jkb

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
This boards sick!!! Would bang!

1672785795437.png

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Picked this up from Ghost Shapes before Xmas (custom ordered in October ready right on time at beginning of December). Those guys are pros and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Bears more than a passing resemblance to the MOTE Fuji I've maybe/kinda/sorta ordered.

So far loving it. Have surfed it from waist high to slightly overhead Huntington and a left reef/point and a right beach break in Mexico, again chest high to slightly overhead. Feels pretty solid and nice flowing turns. Great carves off the back foot.

This is my third or fourth attempt at a board like this, first was my friends Surf RX Tur Twin which has this weird flat area in front of the front foot which felt very catchy. Worked OK in North County San Diego but in punchier waves just didn't work well at all. Next was Maurice Cole Twin Pin. Surfed this at home in punchy New York beach break and it was ok but the tail was a little too pulled and the front have didn't have a lot of curve in the outline which made it feel a little too sticky although the reverse vee up front handled steep waves well. Then I went more shortboardy with a CI Twin Pin which was fun in perfect left pointbreaks again in Mexico but never clicked with it at home.

This one is 6'4 x 20.25 x 2.5. Hoping to get it in some bigger surf this coming week in California.

IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0867.jpg

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Bears more than a passing resemblance to the MOTE Fuji I've maybe/kinda/sorta ordered.
sick boar. who are ghost shapes? anything I see by them somewhat resemble some other shaper shapes.

I always thot the name was a funny play on ghost shapers going rogue on shaper files.

prolly not that bad but funny if their biz model to act like they did.

Reactions: ReForest

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Assume that was probably how they started. They do a lot of boards for the Surfboard broker I think. I just came across them looking for this type of board and it turned out well. Can't say enough about how good their customer service is. Respond to emails promptly, called me before it went to glasser to check to make sure what glassing I wanted and if I wanted color, just great service all around.

https://ghostshapes.com/shapes

Reactions: ReForest and sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Assume that was probably how they started. They do a lot of boards for the Surfboard broker I think. I just came across them looking for this type of board and it turned out well. Can't say enough about how good their customer service is. Respond to emails promptly, called me before it went to glasser to check to make sure what glassing I wanted and if I wanted color, just great service all around.

https://ghostshapes.com/shapes
Just saw Jay Novak is behind some of the shapes. Had one of his rocket knock offs under a different label years back. Lol.