Rounded pin tail twins

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Never felt even remotely tempted by a long channel twinnie, but then I saw this thing. It would get a lot of use where I live/surf.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
That one is way bigger than the ones I’ve seen in the wild. Most are a few inches over the rider’s height.

they’re not grovelers - but if you surf short boards you could probably make use of it on smaller lined up days.

have an older ripper buddy who DD’s his no issue but also know some adult learners who bought it as a crutch board and seem frustrated with their purchase.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
That one is way bigger than the ones I’ve seen in the wild. Most are a few inches over the rider’s height.

they’re not grovelers - but if you surf short boards you could probably make use of it on smaller lined up days.

have an older ripper buddy who DD’s his no issue but also know some adult learners who bought it as a crutch board and seem frustrated with their purchase.
I have a 6'9" x20" x2.5" stinger pin "2win" stretch did a nice job with foil and runs about same at MC above not so great for grovel but super fun. I got it for fun days at reef when out side peak was soft and then inside picks up.

Reactions: sdsrfr

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
How about Shaneo on that Firewire "Sunday" from Machado??

1661453540197.png

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

View attachment 136638

2+1 or widow maker set up turned into twin:shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Had a 6'7 MC Twin Pin. Worked well on the right waves, head high to a little overhead and not super steep. Could ride it in smaller waves but wasn't particularly impressed. Ended up getting rid of it because too much overlap with my 7'0 Howard Mini clone.

But there are days when I kinda want it back. From some reason, the way the outline is, it feels like it wants to go straight or do very long carves, doesn't sit in the picket very well or pivot but on the right wave it comes together.

Reactions: sdsrfr

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Had a 6'7 MC Twin Pin. Worked well on the right waves, head high to a little overhead and not super steep. Could ride it in smaller waves but wasn't particularly impressed. Ended up getting rid of it because too much overlap with my 7'0 Howard Mini clone.

But there are days when I kinda want it back. From some reason, the way the outline is, it feels like it wants to go straight or do very long carves, doesn't sit in the picket very well or pivot but on the right wave it comes together.
Opposite mine my it2win loves the pocket and the stinger wings kinda act like fins in wave face. Still needs push from wave so no grovel but if waist high and has push fun:waving:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

View attachment 136638

I like the look of Ross’s board better :love:

520D873E-DE72-4050-B1F3-C34F8EC04F27.jpg

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Didn't know you knew that much about FW. How far are they from the tail
No clue but center fin box is made for a least 7" single fin so side boxes would be in side fin placement which I assume would have a completly different cant and placement then most twins regardless modern or retro maybe ask c st. :shrug:

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

View attachment 136638

don't know, was just surprised that you did
All I know is what I saw from this pic of SD fondling his turd :shrug:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Dorian has some steez. I actually think his style got better with age.
Ross's boar does look pretty tastey - like a traditional twin fin template. But cant help but wonder how that Sunday would feel with that fin set up :unsure:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Dorian has some steez. I actually think his style got better with age.
Ross's boar does look pretty tastey - like a traditional twin fin template. But cant help but wonder how that Sunday would feel with that fin set up :unsure:
Family thing style does not fall far from the tree :cheers:

• Love