ROLLERBLADING FOR CARDIO

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
In the movie Idiocracy, they had a tiny wardrobe budget. So when it came time to pick shoes, the costume designer turned to a start-up that hadn’t really put there shoes out there into the world yet. Mike Judge, the producer, asked, “but what if these shoes are popular by the time the movie comes out?” “Are you kidding me? Look at these things! There’s no way people will wear them.” The shoe brand? Crocs. We’re really out here wearing idiot shoes and making Idiocracy look more like a documentary by the day.

Reactions: slipped_disc

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
My high school grom is all about Crocs... wore them to school today with socks on and everything. Went to pick him up and saw a bunch of other kids wearing them too, all flared out with pins and everything.

I have worn them early morning to walk the dog... and damn it, they rule.

I've said too much

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Vigorous masturbation? I'm spitballing here
If someone stays in shape by rollerblading because they enjoy it then that's far better than expecting them to do something else that they don't enjoy, which often results in people giving up on it.

If I had a paved bike bath like what they have in LA or on the North Shore (IIRC you guys have one?) I would fruit boot the sh!t out of it, shamelessly. On rainy days I'd be playing racquetball. Flame away
:ban:

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
If someone stays in shape by rollerblading because they enjoy it then that's far better than expecting them to do something else that they don't enjoy, which often results in people giving up on it.

If I had a paved bike bath like what they have in LA or on the North Shore (IIRC you guys have one?) I would fruit boot the sh!t out of it, shamelessly. On rainy days I'd be playing racquetball. Flame away
:ban:
100%

Do what keeps you moving, who cares what anyone else thinks

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
When I was pounding nails years ago in Hanalei some folks purchased this two-story house for a full remodel. About 9 months into the project, a delivery truck shows up with a few big boxes and we just push them over to the side so they're not in the way.
The owners show up one day and going through the home tell my boss what they'd like to see more down and yada yada yada.
They see the boxes, get excited, and open them up, pulling out these different colored shoes and chattering like squirrels. Later that day as we're packing up our tools & getting ready to leave, the owner asks us if we'd like a pair of slip-ons. "Sure" we say and he tells us to grab a pair from the boxes. Multi-colored rubber Crocs, fresh off the boat before they hit the market.I took a pair of Orange ones, Purple for Deb. Adam grabbed a pair of Black ones. Crazy how those stupid things took off and made bank.
it's cool that you remember who got what color :roflmao:

Reactions: PPK96754