ROLLERBLADING FOR CARDIO

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I saw a Boomer rollerblading for cardio tonight and though, "Huh, there's an idea." They say that the hardest part about rollerblading is telling your dad you're gay. Does anyone on here do it for cardio? Oh, and for your trouble:
1684295730908.png

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
WHATS WRONG WITH CROCS? Even my wife is now wearing them. IS THE MOTHER OF MY CHILDREN A LESBIAN? We drive a Subaru Outback, btw.
My high school daughter is telling me that Crocs are no longer lame AF. This world is weird.

• Wow
Reactions: PRCD

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
I've been watching the "Fargo" the TV series. Are they really like that?
yeah, kinda
minnesota is a trip
minneapolis represents about 10% of the total square footage of the state, but over 50% of the population - very progressive

the rest of the state is rural and conservative

my wife's sister and her family are a good representation of the population of minneapolis - born and raised in rural minnesota, went to college, got a job in the big city, turned super progressive and look down upon the spot in which they grew up

there's a lot of multi-generational wealth in MN that has its roots in agriculture. most people can trace their roots back to scandinavian migrants who set up homesteads in rural MN and farmed. farmers used to make a lot of money. that money got invested in manufacturing and heavy industry. MN still manufactures a lot of goods and has a thriving middle class.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
In the movie Idiocracy they had a limited budget but they wanted the most stupid looking shoe possible. They reached out to a new shoe company that had ridiculous looking shoes and the company provided them the shoes for the movie. The shoes - Crocs.
Well a lot of gardeners use Crocs . . . maybe Crocs are what plants crave :unsure:

On that note, this is one of my favorite movie clips of all time:

So many easter eggs in that movie :roflmao: :beer:

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Well a lot of gardeners use Crocs . . . maybe Crocs are what plants crave :unsure:

On that note, this is one of my favorite movie clips of all time:

So many easter eggs in that movie :roflmao: :beer:
I like them, but they’re too expensive. Too rich for my blood, friend.

• Sad
Reactions: grapedrink

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
My high school daughter is telling me that Crocs are no longer lame AF. This world is weird.

1) "These are lame, dad. By the way, I'm getting them for you for father's day since your New Balances are even more lame."
1684350130435.png

2)"We're wearing Crocs ironically, dad, and please get me these for my whitewater trip this summer."

1684349971316.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
In the movie Idiocracy they had a limited budget but they wanted the most stupid looking shoe possible. They reached out to a new shoe company that had ridiculous looking shoes and the company provided them the shoes for the movie. The shoes - Crocs.
When I was pounding nails years ago in Hanalei some folks purchased this two-story house for a full remodel. About 9 months into the project, a delivery truck shows up with a few big boxes and we just push them over to the side so they're not in the way.
The owners show up one day and going through the home tell my boss what they'd like to see more down and yada yada yada.
They see the boxes, get excited, and open them up, pulling out these different colored shoes and chattering like squirrels. Later that day as we're packing up our tools & getting ready to leave, the owner asks us if we'd like a pair of slip-ons. "Sure" we say and he tells us to grab a pair from the boxes. Multi-colored rubber Crocs, fresh off the boat before they hit the market.I took a pair of Orange ones, Purple for Deb. Adam grabbed a pair of Black ones. Crazy how those stupid things took off and made bank.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
can confirm, crocs are big with teenagers. apparently, the pajama/croc ensemble is the height of grade school fashion these days.

and fwiw, rollerblading is fun cardio. since retirement, i fitness skate about 6 miles per day on the local greenway - about 30-40 minutes of hard skating - unless there's surf or it's wet. coz you gotta do something for cardio and you gotta do it every day and cardio that's actually fun is really hard to come by. flame away!:waving:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My son is in middle school and the standard outfit these days for the boys is Crocs with socks pulled up mid way up the shin, athletic shorts and a hoodie...smh...you'd get a wedggie or a swirlie back in my day if you showed up looking like that at school
Same for mine. In fact, I'm the only one in my house without Crocs. Interestingly, the Lab won't chew them but will chew other shoes.

Reactions: Dekerwild