Roe v Wade - DONE!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Thou shalt not kill is not a genetically-advantageous command, from my point of view. Were it not for the sixth commandment, published at Creation, I would kill men, take their women, and impregnate them.
Murder. Though shalt not murder.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Some important thought experiments to consider from a ethics perspective...

The notion that the organism became "human" by virtue of having travelled through the birth canal is an intriguing one. Birth is a process over time. Starting when the head crowns and finishing when the umbilical cord is severed. At what point in that process did the organism transition from fetal tissue with no rights, to baby with fairly robust human rights. Can I ram an ice pick through its head as long as its got one foot in the pussy without comitting murder?

Same thing with the whole "life begins at conception" idea. Conception is a process. The sperm has to wiggle his way into the egg and then the DNA has to zipper together before we've got a zygote. If my lover and I do the tube steak boogie and then fall asleep in the X-ray movie machine we fvcked in, and the radiation kills the little swimmer when his head is halfway through the egg shell, should we be tried for negligent homicide according the "life begins at conception" principle?

Also bizarre is the notion that just because something is inside of a woman's body that the woman should have full discretionary choice regarding the fate of that thing. If I hire a 800lb fat woman to get liposuction and we then kidnap Putin, duct tape him into the fetal position, and have him surgically inserted into the fat woman's loose belly skin before she drives an icepick through his skull do we avoid the murder 1 rap and happily serve time for the lesser kidnapping charge knowing we've made the world a better place? Can I pay a hottie to seduce Trump, start giving him head, and then bite his itty-bitty pecker off with her having no fear of any consequences? Her body, her choice, right?

I'm sure SCOTUS discussed each of the scenarios at great length before coming to a decision.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I am sorry, wasn't your argument, "Fetus has zero rights."

That doesn't seem to be accurate. That's why I cited a local law, CA Penal Code 187, and the recently overturned Supreme Court decision that this thread is about.

Per the examples I cited, the fetus in the womb does have more than zero rights, no?

Or are you talking about some kind of divine right granted by some higher power? I was just trying to help your argument; it seemed a little hyperbolic. Obviously, the state does confirm some rights on the "unborn", as it were. We codify them into law all the time. Are you saying that the rights granted by governing law are illegitimate?
Funny how these new posters show up out of the woodwork when a hot button topic happens :unsure: . . . . :roflmao:

Reactions: afoaf

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
No, I mean dumb.

Like they make a huge policy change with no plan to deal with the down stream chaos it will create.

This is going to create so much chaos.

But maybe that is the goal?
What chaos? Some states there will be restriction and other states less so.

There’s no chaos in this. You’re over thinking it.

Anyone who wants and abortion will be able to get one.

People need to fucking relax.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
No, I mean dumb.

Like they make a huge policy change with no plan to deal with the down stream chaos it will create.

This is going to create so much chaos.

But maybe that is the goal?
ha! now you might end up being on the hook for child support after you take advantage of all the old drug-addicted o-side homeless woman you’ve been preying on...

it’s really gonna suck when the urchins start to talk — and nobody can figure out what language they’re using...

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
What chaos? Some states there will be restriction and other states less so.

There’s no chaos in this. You’re over thinking it.

Anyone who wants and abortion will be able to get one.

People need to fucking relax.
If a mean old leftie utters the word gun control you and the rest of the clown car have weeklong meltdowns.

hell you guys do the same when some Karen screeches for some random ass clown to get banned from Twitter.