Roe v Wade - DONE!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Pardon hal9000, he's been having a bad few weeks.

Here is my take on the R v W decision:

1. For virtually my entire life Abortion has been a national issue because of the stupid R v W ruling that never should have happened in the first place. I'm glad to see this issue go back to being a matter of state politics instead of national politics. Deep down I think house and senate democrats and their media allies and activists are angry that they are losing this wedge issue to bicker about and divide people at the national level.

2. What happens when people wake up a week or two from now and they realize that the R v W ruling changed virtually nothing for the ability for birthing people in their state to get a legal abortion? You guys do realize that this ruling changes very little with the exception of perhaps two states,......right?

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Pardon hal9000, he's been having a bad few weeks.

Here is my take on the R v W decision:

1. For virtually my entire life Abortion has been a national issue because of the stupid R v W ruling that never should have happened in the first place. I'm glad to see this issue go back to being a matter of state politics instead of national politics. Deep down I think house and senate democrats and their media allies and activists are angry that they are losing this wedge issue to bicker about and divide people at the national level.
It's an issue of bodily autonomy, not "bickering" and should not be left to the states.
It's a human right issue, unlike the right to own guns.

I would love to see you spout this garbage if the government decided to take control of your testicles.

Last edited:

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Try sunning your testicles at the park and watch the government take control of The Boys.

Fascists.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Can't wait to hear why.
Because there’s nothing in the constitution about abortion or privacy.

I personally think making abortion illegal is stupid but any honest legal analysis of the constitution will conclude that anti abortion laws can be used.

Not everything I support is a constitutional right and not everything I hate is illegal.

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Because there’s nothing in the constitution about abortion or privacy.

I personally think making abortion illegal is stupid but any honest legal analysis of the constitution will conclude that anti abortion laws can be used.

Not everything I support is a constitutional right and not everything I hate is illegal.
There's nothing in the Constitution about being able to be in control of your own body? Are you sure?

How about "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated".

I would think that being secure in your person would include keeping the government out of your uterus.

Besides that, not every law is just, and not everything that's a right is a law.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If so, shouldn't that be between the voters of that state and their elected state assembly and governor? If you don't like the way your governor, state senator and state assembly members will vote on an issue, just vote them out.
Right, it's just that simple.

And the women who have to suffer in those states can just fück off.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
There's nothing in the Constitution about being able to be in control of your own body? Are you sure?

How about "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated".

I would think that being secure in your person would include keeping the government out of your uterus.

Besides that, not every law is just, and not everything that's a right is a law.
Sure, but when you get pregnant it’s not just your body anymore.

Here’s a baby at 15 weeks gestation….

Some argue rather convincingly that that is a human that also has “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated"