Rip Curl - DONE!

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Hey everyone...why dont you all tell us your opinion on the issue for the 1000th time...and then tell us again, and again, and again, and again. and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again. Im going start the rumor that Isurus is sponsoring a trans athlete so the outrage boycott will cause their prices to collapse so I can afford one of their 5/4's...

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Hey everyone...why dont you all tell us your opinion on the issue for the 1000th time...and then tell us again, and again, and again, and again. and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again. Im going start the rumor that Isurus is sponsoring a trans athlete so the outrage boycott will cause their prices to collapse so I can afford one of their 5/4's...
This but Ducati and Ferrari.

Reactions: menobrah

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
I think I follow your intention but it reads like you swapped it?

You don't want XY (pepis man parts) competing with XX, right? Like, if a woman wants to kick field goals for Vanderbilt, that's okay. If Alexandra Trusova wants to spam quads in a men's figure skating event, that's okay. But biological males entering women's events is the no bueno, right?
Yeah, what you said. It has been 50 years since I learned(?) about that stuff. If XX is not a guy, I screwed up.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
More anecdotal perspective but sometimes playing sports with boys helps for girls. My wife’s cousin won a D1 beach volleyball national championship at Long Beach State as a digger, her playing buddy growing up was a 6’4 trans Samoan boy, who’s the nicest ever with crazy jumps and ace serves. He walked on at BYU. He was in her bridal party.

My nieces are 11 and 12 and play basketball. They were always ahead of the curve skill wise due to my brother in law wishing they were boys, but they have become elite in their school leagues because they play on a club team with and against boys. At first they would come home in tears from getting hand checked and jumped on, but now they play faster, smarter and harder. They are being offered discounted tuition for private high schools here in Honolulu now because of how they play and their school teams regularly going undefeated.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
More anecdotal perspective but sometimes playing sports with boys helps for girls. My wife’s cousin won a D1 beach volleyball national championship at Long Beach State as a digger, her playing buddy growing up was a 6’4 trans Samoan boy, who’s the nicest ever with crazy jumps and ace serves. He walked on at BYU. He was in her bridal party.

My nieces are 11 and 12 and play basketball. They were always ahead of the curve skill wise due to my brother in law wishing they were boys, but they have become elite in their school leagues because they play on a club team with and against boys. At first they would come home in tears from getting hand checked and jumped on, but now they play faster, smarter and harder. They are being offered discounted tuition for private high schools here in Honolulu now because of how they play and their school teams regularly going undefeated.
Bro this is a hash browns thread...keep it on topic

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
If that girl could have dug that spike boys spike, she'd probably have some D2 offers.
Outside hitters on a girl's HS team, varsity to JV, heck even freshman teams, can hit as hard as that dude. The defender was out of position. Getting hit in the face happens even in the College level.

Reactions: racer1

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Totally anecdotal, but here in Hawaii girls, gay boys and trans boys grow up playing volleyball together all the time. Not in official school games, but in club ball and practices. Nobody cares cause Polynesian culture views trans differently and is more accepting than other cultures. Every year Hawaii is either 1 or 2 in producing D1 womens volleyball players, per capita.

If that girl could have dug that spike boys spike, she'd probably have some D2 offers.
Interesting, because most of the articles on this mahu phenomenon date to the 2015-era when boys started showing up on girls' sports teams, building on articles from the "After the Ball" era. My neighbors are from Hawai'i and are of mixed descent but they do traditional Polynesian dance and are heavily into Polynesian culture. I'll ask them. I don't see what your "tradition" proves though - cultures have practiced all manner of disgusting things traditionally, such as cannibalism. Usually, this precedes their annihilation, like the Aztecs and Caribs.

Boys will scale-back their strength heavily against girls for fear of hurting them and this just worsened the competition for boys. Mine play basketball and the girls' coaches will sometimes ask to scrimmage against the boys. The boys play a lot less aggressively when they do and even then it's not even funny how much stronger the boys are. The girls' coaches will reset the score every few minutes. Again, this only works with boys who know not to hurt girls and the male coaches standing in the middle to prevent things from getting out of hand. The actual games are gender-segregated and none of the parents want it another way, even in this state.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003

if u identify as a 13 year old girl, can u date one?

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Outside hitters on a girl's HS team, varsity to JV, heck even freshman teams, can hit as hard as that dude. The defender was out of position. Getting hit in the face happens even in the College level.
I think men are saying this stuff because they've gotten so weak over the past couple of generations that it sounds plausible.
Still, when you compare elite women's spike speeds to NCAA men, men spike about 10-20 mph faster. For the same mass of volleyball, this is a kinetic energy difference of 6-25% against a 10-20% smaller womens' size and lower net height. Also, men are used to hitting a ball with a larger circumference, so the kinetic energy difference of a man hitting a woman's ball would be even greater due to less wind resistance.

If he's too weak to play against other men his age, too bad. That doesn't mean he should be playing against women nor should you be defending this (repent).

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
I think men are saying this stuff because they've gotten so weak over the past couple of generations that it sounds plausible.
Still, when you compare elite women's spike speeds to NCAA men, men spike about 10-20 mph faster. For the same mass of volleyball, this is a kinetic energy difference of 6-25% against a 10-20% smaller womens' size and lower net height. Also, men are used to hitting a ball with a larger circumference, so the kinetic energy difference of a man hitting a woman's ball would be even greater due to less wind resistance.

If he's too weak to play against other men his age, too bad. That doesn't mean he should be playing against women nor should you be defending this (repent).
I'm not sure why you're bringing up grip strength when discussing one's ability to spike a ball. I've seen female players hit the crap out of the ball, so what "he's" (not sure why you're calling him a "man") doing is not unrealistic to what a girl can do at that age and play level.

And no, I'm not defending him being in the game, just pointing out there's a bit of sensationalism (kinda like the weather threads you're up in arms with against the "media") with this story, when an equally-competent female could have done the same to that poor unsuspecting girl.

surfercross

OTF status
Oct 19, 2006
Its simple the majority don't want any trans man around any girls especially if they are younger than 18. These guys get celebrated when all they did was come out and somehow we are supposed to be impressed and worship them for being so brave. Corporations think that they need to get the DEI and ESG points by forcing it down the majorities throats when we actually could give to phucks if you dress up and play pretend. Keep it out or face a loss in sales. Simple

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'm not sure why you're bringing up grip strength when discussing one's ability to spike a ball. I've seen female players hit the crap out of the ball, so what "he's" (not sure why you're calling him a "man")
Because he's male. You sound weak.
doing is not unrealistic to what a girl can do at that age and play level.
You've made an unsubstantiated claim against my substantiated one, but he still shouldn't be playing with girls.
And no, I'm not defending him being in the game,
Yes you are.
just pointing out there's a bit of sensationalism (kinda like the weather threads you're up in arms with against the "media") with this story,
So, laughing at sensationalism is itself sensationalism. In your worldview, you are always right by definition.

when an equally-competent female could have done the same to that poor unsuspecting girl.
Prove it. Find us a study on the incidence of cervical injury in female volleyball players due to taking shots to the face.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I'm not sure why you're bringing up grip strength when discussing one's ability to spike a ball. I've seen female players hit the crap out of the ball, so what "he's" (not sure why you're calling him a "man") doing is not unrealistic to what a girl can do at that age and play level.

And no, I'm not defending him being in the game, just pointing out there's a bit of sensationalism (kinda like the weather threads you're up in arms with against the "media") with this story, when an equally-competent female could have done the same to that poor unsuspecting girl.
PRCD is the angriest and least forgiving Christian you’ll find. He also sounds poor and impotent.

Reactions: Woke AF