Rip Curl - DONE!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Rip Curl had both Bethany Hamilton and Tyler Wright for years. I think people on both ends of that spectrum need to understand the world isn't West Hollywood or Saddleback Megachurch.

Probably some examples from the political realm of perceived overreach and backlash would help. I think some Eastern Front WW2 examples of every overextended salient getting attacked unless it was pre-abandoned, and in the instances a strategic withdrawal wasn't successfully executed, the people in that salient which became a pocket got "liquidated".

Why didn't the industry that markets towards hetero (extended) adolescent males and trucker hat moms in suburban SoCal/FL/QLD/NSW act the same way an industry that markets towards a sliver of buyers and some photo editors in places like Miami, Manhattan, Milan, Paris, and LA?

"Rip Curl's bigotry" How can you be from a marginalized group and then drop this one on a brand that, yeah they ran away, but they tried standing with you in the first place and got their ass kicked. When you're the kid who gets jumped, and one time someone else helps you, you don't call that person a twatwaffle next time you get jumped and they don't stand tall. Just **** poor cocksmanship on the PR/ass-kicking mitigation front.

@Autoprax another example of someone who was not exposed to, or learned none of the lessons taught by, the "constant threat of low-level violence" Finnegan referenced.
The Wisdom of a Punch in my Smirking Fat Face is my next book

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

:unsure: :drowning::computer:
Fuck yeah.. good on Todd for speaking his mind. He's an Oside guy that I used to see all the time. Good on the female athletes too.

If they let that dude compete in the event the girls should just refuse to participate and let him have his silly trophy. Its gonna be an unfair contest anyway. If the judges score him low he'll say he was discriminated against and improperly judged. So he'll most likely be scored higher as a result. Sounds like a joke and clown show letting that dude in the door. If aquatics banned men competing in women's sports then surfing should too.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That seems to be following the same pattern as this - 90% of the women are privately opposed to competing with a man but publicly toe the line and attack anyone who speaks against it.

But there was conversations like that you could have all the time with people, but when you’d come to the group, the whole entire group would say, “No, of course I’m supportive. This is the most amazing thing that’s happening. This is progress. This is what we want for the world. This is helping transgender individuals mend into society,” whatever. And privately they would say things that were different. So that was something that I had a really hard time because I didn’t know who to trust because they could tell me their opinion and then five minutes later, they’re telling the entire group that they hate me and they disagree with my opinion.
I guess women will have to get used to losing to men and seeing pepis in the locker room if they can’t hang together or - worse - are stabbing each other in the back over this.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
It’s the Adam’s apple for me. If someone wants to actually shave down their Adam’s apple and surgically remove their penis and have years of hormone therapy and grow bitch t!ts… then fine. I believe you are sincere.
had a buddy who nailed one of these...and didnt realize it was a dude. was the highlight of the year telling him that he nailed a dude.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Women's sports have come so far over the years, this will in the end be ruinous. Because you know that for every Lia Thomas that is out there there are women thinking "why bother?"
I don’t disagree with that overall sentiment. But there will also be girls who see this and say “fuck that I’m going to beat Lia Thomas” and it’ll push them extremely hard.

Reactions: Woke AF

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Women's sports have come so far over the years, this will in the end be ruinous. Because you know that for every Lia Thomas that is out there there are women thinking "why bother?"
And there are friends, family, coaches, etc. who are answering "because if Lia Thomas affects you competitively, you will stack a quarter to a half milly in dodged debt off your free full and walk with a degree." There used to be an SEC commercial that aired during the football games and it said something like there's A,BCD athletes in the SEC and 97% of us will be going pro in something other than sports.

Katie Ledecky will probably be coaching or doing something else in short order and nobody's close to her in women's swimming. Basically nobody in swimming is in it for the money. The worldwide governing body already told Lia Thomas to shove the old reproductive organ up the new one. I would not be surprised if the NCAA court case goes the same way.

Tennis - one of very few sports women can turn tuppence from professionally - has had testing for decades. That outcome seems as likely to me as Trans Extravaganza. I could be wrong. But it feels like Sky Surfing to me.