Relocating to San Diego - What neighborhoods should I be looking at?

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Listen up,

I'm gonna chime in here as a 50 year-old San Diego native. Most of those commenting on this thread were either not born here or don't live here presently... yet, seem to know all there is to know about SD. STFU.

OP - we don't need any more people here - but aim for downtown, La Jolla area.
Lol. I lived there for 20 years. Just visited in September, things haven't changed much in 6 years, it's just getting more expensive and crowded. . Always someone starting the "localier than thou" dick measuring contest in SD, as if that gives them a fucking crown. Keep clinging to that identity!

Last edited:

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
#blessed. New York doesn’t get good very often but when it’s on it can really turn on, and it’s all 400 yards from my front door. My career is very much New York based. Sure I can get a lot done remotely and often close 6 figure deals whilst surfing in exotic locales, but the ad industry and most of my core clients are based here, so here is where I will stay while the getting is good. the second stage of my long term plan towards financial independence is under way, with years of earning (and more acquisitions hopefully) ahead of me in an exasperating and high stress world, but even 12 years into it, having six figure weeks of billing, closing fat deals with new clients etc, balances out some of the banality and stress. I have hands off management (except when they check in on me to make sure I am still mentally in one piece lol) because if you want big bucks it takes a lot of expertise, hard work, stress, roller coaster commission pay outs, etc and a LOT of good luck, to live in ANY of these A grade coastal DMA’s with a comfortable existence and some leftover to save for the future, invest in spouses and real estate and index funds etc.
?how much time du u spend admiring urself in the mirror evryday?

• Haha
Reactions: gbg and Havoc

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
Mods—please move this to the Mexican Food thread.
Also, b.r. — where is your go to Mexican joint?
that is like asking which of my kids is my favorite! el nopalito if we are feeding a crowd, especial norte if we need soup and someone is sick, juanitas for a pick up satisfecho meal, rauls if we are leaving the beach and want simple classic mexican takeout, jorges because its good, Robertos if we need bean burritos, potato rolled tacos and quesadillas con quacamole, karinas has the dakine shrimp burritos stay hot you can buy on the way to surf and eat after and its still steaming in the bag... i'm sure i'm forgetting someone but the band is starting and the next award goes to....

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Lordy Lord, there are some thin-skinned individuals posting here. Ha! To the OP, Just do a google search of coastal and downtown restaurants. Best advice is to get a place close to wherever you land a gig. Pretty simple really. Gary is correct in that the Strand in Coronado is the best place for kiting.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Fair enough :shaka:
Honestly though. I agree with everything you said.

I took a high paying job in my twenties and just did it and took a load of cash and ran out the door in my early thirties with 2 properties in hawaii and a ton of a cash. I HATED the job and had to live in sh!t places but on the other side now and glad I did it.

Reactions: 2surf and Havoc

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Word. I enjoy enough of my action to keep my head in the game and not burn out, but yeah by early 50’s I want to be out of the rat race with a handful of independent income streams and investments to secure the rest of my and mrs subways lives. Not exactly a grandiose dream. not easy, but it’s not like I’m aiming for a net jet share to whisk me around the world in my 40s and 50s. ill even fly coach sometimes

and yes I look in the mirror a lot now that I have dropped from 230 to 188 in the last several months. I love myself deeply and completely without reservation, and with just enough humility to enjoy looking in the mirror instead of loathing it.

i also donate a significant chunk of my earnings. All we are doing Is grabbing a piece of the capitalist/consumer system to set up a comfortable and adventurous second act. Think any of this really matters? I donate because it makes me feel good. I spoil friends and family and strangers cause it feels good and I love seeing the joy of those around me whether It’s a playoff game, a killer meal, or even flying bonzer across to pacific to come hang with all of us on Kauai ;)

ever have a friend or loved one tell you they have never been happier before in their lives as a direct result of your actions and generosity, or have never had such an epic experience, and felt that wash of gratitude about being able to provide such moments to people? i recommend it.

semi-affluent smug virtue signaler OUT

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
that is like asking which of my kids is my favorite! el nopalito if we are feeding a crowd, especial norte if we need soup and someone is sick, juanitas for a pick up satisfecho meal, rauls if we are leaving the beach and want simple classic mexican takeout, jorges because its good, Robertos if we need bean burritos, potato rolled tacos and quesadillas con quacamole, karinas has the dakine shrimp burritos stay hot you can buy on the way to surf and eat after and its still steaming in the bag... i'm sure i'm forgetting someone but the band is starting and the next award goes to....
Don't forget Kotija Jr, and my son swears by Cancun. Where's Jorges?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Word. I enjoy enough of my action to keep my head in the game and not burn out, but yeah by early 50’s I want to be out of the rat race with a handful of independent income streams and investments to secure the rest of my and mrs subways lives. Not exactly a grandiose dream. not easy, but it’s not like I’m aiming for a net jet share to whisk me around the world in my 40s and 50s. ill even fly coach sometimes

and yes I look in the mirror a lot now that I have dropped from 230 to 188 in the last several months. I love myself deeply and completely without reservation, and with just enough humility to enjoy looking in the mirror instead of loathing it.

i also donate a significant chunk of my earnings. All we are doing Is grabbing a piece of the capitalist/consumer system to set up a comfortable and adventurous second act. Think any of this really matters? I donate because it makes me feel good. I spoil friends and family and strangers cause it feels good and I love seeing the joy of those around me whether It’s a playoff game, a killer meal, or even flying bonzer across to pacific to come hang with all of us on Kauai ;)

ever have a friend or loved one tell you they have never been happier before in their lives as a direct result of your actions and generosity, or have never had such an epic experience, and felt that wash of gratitude about being able to provide such moments to people? i recommend it.

semi-affluent smug virtue signaler OUT
You need kids. At least 2. :ROFLMAO::drowning: