RBG *** DONE ***

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Over driving to surf unless special conditions, that's why I live at the beach. Lets talk about all the overhead days in winter when sit on beach and post all day?
yeah maybe we should have driven up to LB or Rockaway to surf 2-3’ drifty peaks, then post pics on erBB acting like it was epic.

Reactions: mundus

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You just gotta spend hours driving bro. Do you ever serf?
NJ is a tiny little state. You can drive its entire coastline from end to end via the Parkway in about 2 hours. LBI is smack dab in the middle of the state's coastline and had fun waves. Those further North like Hal also have the option of going to New York to surf on North Winds. The cams on Long Island look super fun.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
NJ is a tiny little state. You can drive its entire coastline from end to end via the Parkway in about 2 hours. LBI is smack dab in the middle of the state's coastline and had fun waves. Those further North like Hal also have the option of going to New York to surf on North Winds. The cams on Long Island look super fun.
Only a kook would travel for 2.6 @ 7

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Ocean

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Lmao LI sucks right now.

what kind of kook looks at that image and says I’ll drive 2.5hr through the some of the nations worst traffic and pay out the ass in tolls for a knee high blown out wave

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I just googled Weinstein Willows to Specific Surfer's homebreak. 2:45 to 3:05, Verrazzano, and one of those directions that is costing you?

I am not sure where exactly mundus lives and where exactly the framegrab's from and I hope both places don't get any more blown out.

I'm not driving 2:45 one way for that. Sorry. That looks like perfect knee-waist high Jax Beach, which I should be getting a fat shitload of in the coming months.

Edit: Just checked 77th, Lincoln, and West end LB cams.

That's straight fckng deux deux for 3 hours one way. Lincoln if it was empty, under 2 hours, and I lived in a place that was NY-levels cold, and I'd get a 2 hour fun Shindonesia on one tide, feed and chillax/digest, then surf again, maybe quick shot to the City for lunch and obviously there'd be something to murder an hour or three, pop back out to Queens/LB for another empty minidiamonds sesh in just pristine warm conditions, I'd do it.

If you like drifting a mile in 10 minutes and ducking wash-throughs for tailwindy chunks, there were some chip-ins to shortboard sections here in the chest high range that have way more shortboard potential than Western LI right now.

And it's not empty in LI. By a long shot.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I just googled Harvey Cedars to Lido Beach. 2:45 to 3:05, Verrazzano, and one of those directions that is costing you?

I am not sure where exactly mundus lives and where exactly the framegrab's from and I hope both places don't get any more blown out.

I'm not driving 2:45 one way for that. Sorry. That looks like perfect knee-waist high Jax Beach, which I should be getting a fat shitload of in the coming months.
Exactly.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I just googled Harvey Cedars to ($:$;@3$;@:&:&;. 2:45 to 3:05, Verrazzano, and one of those directions that is costing you?

Stop naming spots:cursing::cursing::shark::cursing::ban:

• Haha

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I don't know where you are coming up with 2.6 at 7 seconds?????

My report was 6 feet at 7 seconds for the am dropping to 4 feet at 7 seconds late today. Tomorrow mid day 6 feet at 8 seconds.
I just googled Harvey Cedars to Lido Beach. 2:45 to 3:05, Verrazzano, and one of those directions that is costing you?

I don't know where Mundus is either. That's why I gave the examples. Long Island had waves, LBI had waves, AC had waves, My town had waves, CM had waves.

I took this picture at the end of my street this morning of a random surfer. If you're a surfer in NJ and you won't drive up to an hour for waves like this you are going to be missing out a lot. I've driven to opposite ends of NJ to surf worse.

hkhkhkjhkhkjhkh.JPG

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't know where you are coming up with 2.6 at 7 seconds?????

My report was 6 feet at 7 seconds for the am dropping to 4 feet at 7 seconds late today. Tomorrow mid day 6 feet at 8 seconds.

I don't know where Mundus is either. That's why I gave the examples. Long Island had waves, LBI had waves, AC had waves, My town had waves, CM had waves.

I took this picture at the end of my street this morning of a random surfer. If you're a surfer in NJ and you won't drive up to an hour for waves like this you are going to be missing out a lot. I've driven to opposite ends of NJ to surf worse.

View attachment 98008
You know how to check buoys?