Pyzel Precious

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
only had one session as a thruster but the waves were kind of gacky that session so can't really comment solidly on it,
5+ sessions as quad and i've been really impressed with what i'm seeing particularly backhand, got more waves coming later in the week so will make him go thruster for the erbb.
Im also curious about the low end for the precious. How small has he had it in? Looking to replace my CI Rocket Wide with a pyzel

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
Im also curious about the low end for the precious. How small has he had it in? Looking to replace my CI Rocket Wide with a pyzel
last weekend we had some chest high frontside runners and the board went real nice in that for him,
he also had a few sessions in the pool yesterday but the wind was 30mph offshore and cold and pretty much fully fvcked it, so was about waist to chest and weak as p¡ss but still had relatively good squirt out of the board in between the gusts and made the most off the conditions,
is it a hyper groveller? i couldn't say and also add my kids one is pretty narrow at 18 1/2 compared to stock so that makes it even harder to do apples to apples if you will.

Reactions: MauiMax

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
last weekend we had some chest high frontside runners and the board went real nice in that for him,
he also had a few sessions in the pool yesterday but the wind was 30mph offshore and cold and pretty much fully fvcked it, so was about waist to chest and weak as p¡ss but still had relatively good squirt out of the board in between the gusts and made the most off the conditions,
is it a hyper groveller? i couldn't say and also add my kids one is pretty narrow at 18 1/2 compared to stock so that makes it even harder to do apples to apples if you will.
what pool?

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
bristol uk wavegarden.

theres a few clips of him riding the precious (not in the sh!tty pool) on his youtube channel if you search for precious you'll find em pretty easy.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: oeste858
Mar 2, 2024
Have more been able to try out the board in the meantime and can report their experiences here?

@Pyzel: how does the Precious compare to the Pyzalien2 in terms of versatility and user-friendliness? What do you think of a swallow tail on the Precious?

Last edited:

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017

Skip to about 8:25 for some precious action in relatable waves. Looks fast and loose. @seppel comparison to pyzalien will be provided in about 4 weeks

Reactions: sozzle

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Have more been able to try out the board in the meantime and can report their experiences here?

@Pyzel: how does the Precious compare to the Pyzalien2 in terms of versatility and user-friendliness? What do you think of a swallow tail on the Precious?
The Precious is based off our Gremlin model, so I would say that it's is better low-end board, but not a groveler. Pyzalien2 is closer to a HPSB.
Swallow tail sounds fun

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
From Stab, regarding Jai G's sponsorship change to JS (not even Album): "Since Jon Pyzel needs no further validation between shaping World Title + SSOTY-winning surfboards, and winning SITD twice, Jai’s move to JS can be put down to a matter of personal preference and working with a local shaper more familiar with the sand-bottomed points native to his home in the Northern Rivers."

Riiiight. I'm $ure there were $ome other $ignificant rea$on$ Jai switched to J$.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
From Stab, regarding Jai G's sponsorship change to JS (not even Album): "Since Jon Pyzel needs no further validation between shaping World Title + SSOTY-winning surfboards, and winning SITD twice, Jai’s move to JS can be put down to a matter of personal preference and working with a local shaper more familiar with the sand-bottomed points native to his home in the Northern Rivers."

Riiiight. I'm $ure there were $ome other $ignificant rea$on$ Jai switched to J$.

"a matter of personal preference and working with a local shaper more familiar with the sand-bottomed points native to his home in the Northern Rivers."

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

They should've added "and because no one gets paid by a board sponsor so it couldn't have been a financial decision".:toilet:

• Haha
Reactions: sh3