Pyzel Mini Padillac

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Haha! You guys and your fin questions!!! There is no concise answer to that since everyone is different size/weight/ability/tastes. It's like asking what is the best kind of ice cream! If there is one bit of advice I could give it is ride smaller fins than you would in a smaller wave quad, since you will most likely be in bigger, faster waves and you want the boards to be loose, not tight
In that regard, your interview with JJF during the pandemic, where you guys talked about the ghost, shadow, fins and other stuff, really changed my mind, opened my eyes and improved my understanding of fins dramatically. My big wave boards are going way better now with smaller and even more pivoty fins.

Reactions: Pyzelsurfboards

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
In that regard, your interview with JJF during the pandemic, where you guys talked about the ghost, shadow, fins and other stuff, really changed my mind, opened my eyes and improved my understanding of fins dramatically. My big wave boards are going way better now with smaller and even more pivoty fins.
Nice will check it out.
Do they talk about which ice cream is best? So many choices........ ;)

Reactions: Pyzelsurfboards
Feb 25, 2024
M, would you consider the mini padi as a "sunday" board ,something to take out on Sundays all year long all conditions in pitching and dumpy beach breaks ,cold water with wind , heavy currents and rubber ,if you play around with fins

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
M, would you consider the mini padi as a "sunday" board ,something to take out on Sundays all year long all conditions in pitching and dumpy beach breaks ,cold water with wind , heavy currents and rubber ,if you play around with fins
Hey, great first post!
Nah sounds like what you want is a bot model with Chatgpt fins.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Local shop had a stock 6'4 MP in stock. Came close to walking out with it. Felt good not overly chonky. Told myself I'd get more use out of a Ghost on the East Coast? Wasn't on my radar before. I hope it's gone next time I'm there.

Last edited:
Reactions: mundus and oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Local shop had a stock 6'4 MP in stock. Came close to walking out with it. Felt good not overly chonky. Told myself I'd get more use out of a Ghost on the East Coast? Wasn't on my radar before. I hope it's gone next time I'm there.
I think your instinct is right. Ghost
tmp.gif

Reactions: emmohl80

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Same deal for me, just did not feel right under my arm. Went with a 6'2 Sabo Taj, a touch more versatile and user friendly than the Ghost for my ability level and the surf I have IMHO.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Will pretend I didn't read this.
If you watch the latest SITD you can see Pyzel riding a MP in chest high surf, it works just fine. I think it'll work most days you'd take the ghost out, it's just a bit less HP feeling. I have a 6'2 Ghost and a 6'7 MP. If there's a lot of water moving, I'm wearing a lot of rubber or I'm feeling lazy I'll go MP.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
If you watch the latest SITD you can see Pyzel riding a MP in chest high surf, it works just fine. I think it'll work most days you'd take the ghost out, it's just a bit less HP feeling. I have a 6'2 Ghost and a 6'7 MP. If there's a lot of water moving, I'm wearing a lot of rubber or I'm feeling lazy I'll go MP.
Yeah had my mind set on a Ghost but biggest they had was a 6'. The MP seems like it could find a spot in the quiv for days like you said lots of rubber, current or just being a lazy old man.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I wonder how a twin+trailer would go in the MP with that narrow tail in more 'normal'-sized surf

Reactions: oeste858