Reactions: gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
two quite different states.
odd they're next to each other.
plenty of wide-open beaches in both.
NJ has an edge surf-wise imo...:jamon:
NJ Definitely better. But OCMD can get good. Good enough. May thru Oct will be good enough if I am in PR all winter.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
When I was in high school my parents were looking at a house in Fenwick Island. Surfed Indian River inlet a couple of times. Was looking at Delaware on Zillow this morning and there are some nice houses to be had down there for under $500K not far from the beach.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
When I was in high school my parents were looking at a house in Fenwick Island. Surfed Indian River inlet a couple of times. Was looking at Delaware on Zillow this morning and there are some nice houses to be had down there for under $500K not far from the beach.
Southside was one of the best waves before they started doing sand replenishment. Wish I could have the mid 80s to early part of the 90s back and surf there when it was in its prime.

Reactions: Ttboi

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
The older you get the colder you get.
Combined with my titanium tibia I need boots in anything 63 and lower.
I know I am not going to retire in SD.
This puts me in warm clean water now. I am freaking out with the idea of leaving SD. Blood, sweat and tears invested making something more than a menial existence here working full time and going to college and grad school full time. 90 hour weeks. The thought of trunking it 9 months a year is hard to overlook. Less taxes and cost of living than in CA. Added bonus is my little young sugar momma who is obsessed with me and makes as much as I do. I can't find many reasons to stay in SD all alone anymore.
Titanium is a great conductor of temperature... Noone told me by they stuck it in my lower back!

:cursing::bricks::cursing:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Might be a great place but the low price had me wondering. Price is Too low. There is also another in there listed for $129K. Here is what this neighborhood looks like on a NorEaster. I'm not even sure if this is on a bad NorEaster. It may be the sort of thing where its near impossible to get flood insurance which would in turn make it difficult to get a mortgage. Also, keep in mind these are double wide trailers so the construction is sh!t to begin with and its likely that the floors, sills and walls of these houses have soaked in salt water repeatedly. The age and condition of the bulkheads in a community like that would also be a serious concern.

Last edited:

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Might be a great place but the low price had me wondering. Price is Too low. There is also another in there listed for $129K. Here is what this neighborhood looks like on a NorEaster. I'm not even sure if this is on a bad NorEaster. It may be the sort of thing where its near impossible to get flood insurance which would in turn make it difficult to get a mortgage. Also, keep in mind these are double wide trailers so the construction is sh!t to begin with and its likely that the floors, sills and walls of these houses have soaked in salt water repeatedly. The age and condition of the bulkheads in a community like that would also be a serious concern.

The nor'easter flooding issue is quite, quite real up there. And even if you think the cause is nothing more than giant barges of overfed, Bible thumping tourists in cruise ships displacing more Gulf Stream water, it's happening more and more often.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
The nor'easter flooding issue is quite, quite real up there. And even if you think the cause is nothing more than giant barges of overfed, Bible thumping tourists in cruise ships displacing more Gulf Stream water, it's happening more and more often.
Or it was happening all along and the land should not have been built upon to begin with.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
There are townhouses in Rehoboth Beach for $450K. Couple miles from the beach. 3 BR 3 BA 1800 SF.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
You don't own the land in many of these mobile home parks. If you scroll down you can find the lease amount which is $1100.
But you do own your boat... and at that price for a house, Fook flying to PR, I'm taking my 300,000$ Yacht down for the winter, also saving on the PR property as there's nothing on the entire island as pimping as my 300k mega Yacht.

:roflmao::monkey::poke:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What a pain in balls trying to keep that thing "Bristol", had to do it on a boat 2/3 that size on top of fishing and operation . broke my spirit I tell you.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
$300k doesn't get you much of a yacht these days. The prices at the Boat Show last month were down right shocking. Even smallish center consoles were well over $100K. One of these brand new (Viking 80) will run you nearly $10,000,000 these days.

i'm used to sticker shock at the boat show; what shocked me was how
big some of the outboards are...:eek: