Potential Move to Puerto Rico

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Boss said no for full time remote work. Was getting my hopes up. The good news is I am never going to the office more than twice a week unless I leave this job. Chances are I won't. Surely will retire in PR/DE. Big question is do I do a cash out refi and buy a place there now and AirBnb it when I'm not there.

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
i have a 14ft alum w/6HP 4s...good for the back bay...i go further out when
seas calm...but mostly backbay...:shaka:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Boss said no for full time remote work. Was getting my hopes up. The good news is I am never going to the office more than twice a week unless I leave this job. Chances are I won't. Surely will retire in PR/DE. Big question is do I do a cash out refi and buy a place there now and AirBnb it when I'm not there.
No question, do it ... airbnb can prolly pay for your DE house.

:shrug::waving::shaka:

Reactions: Ttboi

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Do your homework tho. What's legal to airbnb now might change if the municipality and residents decide it doesn't like them. Lots of changes to those short term rental regs here in Charleston area.
the place I bought says “residential only” and the realtor said no Airbnb but nearly every house in the neighborhood has a studio attached for Airbnb

I plan to live here so not an issue but extra income would be nice

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Do your homework tho. What's legal to airbnb now might change if the municipality and residents decide it doesn't like them. Lots of changes to those short term rental regs here in Charleston area.
I know. I cant blame them.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
hahaha yes. 5 days out in isabela. WTF?!?!?!

my friends in humacao got it back in less thans a day

been a trip from hell. Crashed my friends van, attacked by a dog, power outage, phone charing port dying etc...
Welcome to third world problems, get used to them if you plan on entering for good.

Reactions: ULUSURFER

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Welcome to third world problems, get used to them if you plan on entering for good.
I’m prepared…planning solar with battery and diesel generator at my house.

this wasn’t typical blackout. 100% of the island lost power due to the main transformer blowing up and causing a fire. Made national usa news and everything. Local friends said this was out of the ordinary.

i was surprised in the last month I was here no power loss at all.

fun and joy of a developing country hahah

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Promised updates so here they are: this is my street and my lot of the first on the left. The palm trees are just to the left of my lot.

Story time. Went down to wildo. No surf and just 2 guys in the parking lot. Met a guy named “zippy” he said now that you are moving here if anyone fucks with you in the water anywhere say “soy un amigo de zippy”. I leave and crash my friends van and end up 1 inch from a hidden cliff covered by jungle. Zippy stops and he says I’m canceling all my plans. He called his friend with a tow truck, he said he would be back. Low and behold he comes back. Took his mechanic named rafy 2 hours to extract the vehicle. Zippy and his mechanic drove the car to his house, he stored it and the mechanic picked it up the next day and charged less than $500 for the tow and repair. Zippy even drove me back to the place I was staying. Every day I went out in town that week I ran into the guy. Retired FBI agent. Ran into him at the gas station, the arepa restaurant (both him and I are friends with the manager) he knows everyone in town. He said all of Aguadilla knows about the crash hahah. Police had came and everything.

also met rolo montes he lives up the street. Super chill and humble guy who rips!!

E41DB069-5740-4C6F-84CA-5EA5A68A3332.jpeg

ABA9BCF7-5A24-4D2A-967D-3D6E8E2358E5.jpegFC2545C4-D1A3-49D7-B21E-6AFAFDCF7639.jpeg23A1530E-24A5-430A-843D-00AB5C9DFF93.jpegD93C2AB5-7CEC-42FA-8D20-FD11F618E7EC.jpeg

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Promised updates so here they are: this is my street and my lot of the first on the left. The palm trees are just to the left of my lot.

Story time. Went down to wildo. No surf and just 2 guys in the parking lot. Met a guy named “zippy” he said now that you are moving here if anyone fucks with you in the water anywhere say “soy un amigo de zippy”. I leave and crash my friends van and end up 1 inch from a hidden cliff covered by jungle. Zippy stops and he says I’m canceling all my plans. He called his friend with a tow truck, he said he would be back. Low and behold he comes back. Took his mechanic named rafy 2 hours to extract the vehicle. Zippy and his mechanic drove the car to his house, he stored it and the mechanic picked it up the next day and charged less than $500 for the tow and repair. Zippy even drove me back to the place I was staying. Every day I went out in town that week I ran into the guy. Retired FBI agent. Ran into him at the gas station, the arepa restaurant (both him and I are friends with the manager) he knows everyone in town. He said all of Aguadilla knows about the crash hahah. Police had came and everything.

also met rolo montes he lives up the street. Super chill and humble guy who rips!!

View attachment 127950

View attachment 127946View attachment 127947View attachment 127948View attachment 127949
Stoked for you. Aren't two of those shots from Wishin Well?

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
the place I bought says “residential only” and the realtor said no Airbnb but nearly every house in the neighborhood has a studio attached for Airbnb

I plan to live here so not an issue but extra income would be nice
sublet it to me for a month during party season. ill setup some kind of PR onlyfans thing in there and make you some dough.

Reactions: Ttboi