PB DoucheDrone or not?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Autoprax said:
Drone seems like an inefficient weapon to bring down a plane.

You could do the same thing with a RC planes which have been around for a long time.

On a episode of Louie, the character who worked on the air port said the planes all had bullet holes in the bottom of them.
The problem is that every goon got a drone for Christmas and is now an "aerial cinematographer". There are way more drones around than RC planes and they are everywhere not just the designated RC nerd sites.

I love when Louie turns surreal in the middle of the story without a notice. That airport episode was great. Another favorite was the garbagemen scene.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
A GPS-enabled drone can be precisely hovered in one spot - like a landing pathway - for a long time.
FecalFace said:
Autoprax said:

You could do the same thing with a RC planes which have been around for a long time.

On a episode of Louie, the character who worked on the air port said the planes all had bullet holes in the bottom of them.
The problem is that every goon got a drone for Christmas and is now an "aerial cinematographer". There are way more drones around than RC planes and they are everywhere not just the designated RC nerd sites.

I love when Louie turns surreal in the middle of the story without a notice. That airport episode was great. Another favorite was the garbagemen scene.
A drone - particularly a GPS enabled one - can be hovered in a precise spot - like a landing corridor. For a long time.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
FecalFace said:
I never really got surrealism until I saw Louie use effectively. I would wonder WTF? when I watched the French do it.

But there is a scene where he is being a pathetic date and the girl runs to nearby a helicopter and flies away.

So perfect.

Surrealism was the best way to express what needed to be expressed.

Easy to misuse.

You really see the woody allen influence when you go back and watch Annie Hall

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
GromsDad said:
I would be more worried about large gatherings of people than airplanes.
Yeah that's really dangerous.
Explosions do more damage when they are on the ground rather than fire from above. Unless they are nuclear

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
OneWorldEd said:
A GPS-enabled drone can be precisely hovered in one spot - like a landing pathway - for a long time.
FecalFace said:
Autoprax said:

A drone - particularly a GPS enabled one - can be hovered in a precise spot - like a landing corridor. For a long time.
But doesn't it then become something you can evade or shoot down?

Does not the terrorist rely on evasion?

Why can't people just be nice?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Autoprax said:
FecalFace said:
I never really got surrealism until I saw Louie use effectively. I would wonder WTF? when I watched the French do it.

But there is a scene where he is being a pathetic date and the girl runs to nearby a helicopter and flies away.

So perfect.

Surrealism was the best way to express what needed to be expressed.

Easy to misuse.

You really see the woody allen influence when you go back and watch Annie Hall
Woody Allen influence is present in Louie's work for sure.
It was great to see that little role of his in Blue Jasmine.

Lately, I've been really loving the documentaries with a dose of surreal and narrative films with a touch of documentary realism.
(The Act of Killing, Bombay Beach, Under The Skin...)

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
sd_101 said:
In photography, there is typically an etiquette to snapping shots of strangers, usually along the lines of asking "may I take your photograph?"

Sometimes, this is omitted for the sake of capturing a shot "in the moment".

Some people don't mind. Others do. As a photographer, you have to read the situation and assess if it's worth it to snap away, or ask first.

A photographer getting attacked for not asking first is not new.
K1

psychophant

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2011
Hawai'i
_Pico said:
sd_101 said:
In photography, there is typically an etiquette to snapping shots of strangers, usually along the lines of asking "may I take your photograph?"

Sometimes, this is omitted for the sake of capturing a shot "in the moment".

Some people don't mind. Others do. As a photographer, you have to read the situation and assess if it's worth it to snap away, or ask first.

A photographer getting attacked for not asking first is not new.
K1
Oahu vacation?
:shrug:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/29765309/drone-hovers-outside-hawaii-kai-womans-bedroom-but-no-crime-was-committed

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'd like to buy this guy a beer.

I hate drones with a new level of passion never seen before.

Sit in the lineup with one buzzing over you and you'll see what I mean.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
silentbutdeadly said:
I'd like to buy this guy a beer.

I hate drones with a new level of passion never seen before.

Sit in the lineup with one buzzing over you and you'll see what I mean.
Hate them. Was a guy with one at Rincon, following every ride he could, just off to the side of and above you, and waaay too close. Was wishing I had some rocks with me.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
barnod said:
i was thinking of a program where you enter coordinates and it flies to it and runs transects while delivering video to a fat security guard individual that eats donuts, or massive amounts of ceviche? while keeping an eye on the screen for threatening shark near area of interest.

obligatory stu dog shrug :shrug:
the fug is wrong with ceviche homie?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
20W-50 and blood said:
barnod said:
i was thinking of a program where you enter coordinates and it flies to it and runs transects while delivering video to a fat security guard individual that eats donuts, or massive amounts of ceviche? while keeping an eye on the screen for threatening shark near area of interest.

obligatory stu dog shrug :shrug:
the fug is wrong with ceviche homie?
I could live off of ceviche. Its healthy too