GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
FecalFace said:
GWS said:
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:
I believe that was the sword of the Spirit Christ was talking about.
If he didn't leave it open for interpretation how would the guntruds and bigots confirm their biases through the Bible?
:roflmao:

No Stu.

Look it up and read the full context. He told them how to finance the purchase. lol. You don't finance a "Sword of the Spirit."
Was this before or after he drowned everybody?
If you want to make a point, go ahead and do so.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
jbd said:
FecalFace said:
jbd said:
maybe the guy that shot him is an atheist. problem solved.
Then how does he know right from wrong?
Sarcasm? Not sure if you need a god to know right from wrong. IMO, he was right. Guy points a gun at man wearing a gun that has probably actually been in a few gunfights. Bad move.
Yeah but how does he know what's in his HEART?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GWS said:
FecalFace said:
GWS said:
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:
I believe that was the sword of the Spirit Christ was talking about.
If he didn't leave it open for interpretation how would the guntruds and bigots confirm their biases through the Bible?
:roflmao:

No Stu.

Look it up and read the full context. He told them how to finance the purchase. lol. You don't finance a "Sword of the Spirit."
Was this before or after he drowned everybody?
If you want to make a point, go ahead and do so.
I don't have a point, I'm just in a mocking mode. :coffee:

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
That's fine.

But that one should have been directed at the guy who wrote multiple paragraphs about WWJD without obviously ever really reading his Bible.

Did you know Jesus beat the sh!t out of a bunch of people in a Jewish temple?

Imagine what he would have done to a shoulder hopper at Rincon.

(as a child I was expelled from three separate religious based schools. I can do this $hit all day)

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
FecalFace said:
GWS said:
What if the Jews were armed and shot Jesus? :bawling:
They didn't have guns (or dinosaurs) and Jesus was a bad ass hammer swinging sword owning Jewish cat with a cool hipster beard and sandals.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
GWS said:
FecalFace said:
GWS said:
What if the Jews were armed and shot Jesus? :bawling:
They didn't have guns (or dinosaurs) and Jesus was a bad ass hammer swinging sword owning Jewish cat with a cool hipster beard and sandals.
Not to mention he hung around with hookers.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
GWS said:
But that one should have been directed at the guy who wrote multiple paragraphs about WWJD without obviously ever really reading his Bible.

GWS,
I did retail, in "DogTown" for a long time.
Read a bit, over the years, on Jesus, + His Father too.
But I don't recall nor know everything, ok?

Must have forgotten that tale you write of. Got a link?
Maybe the folks whom you say Jesus gave an ass kickin' too were not armed?
It being God's Will + all that...

Seems like Jesus's fists didn't do much good for him when The Romans came for him, right?
It was God's Will, if I recall correctly.

Would Jesus have shot the dudes who tried to rob the Pawn Shop
if so armed using his 2nd Amendment Rights here in the good ol' USA?
Kill them all, God will sort it out?

Or would Jesus have let them rob his store, steal his goods?
It bein' whatever God's Will was to be?

Either way,
I'm curious, would you too have shot the dude whom was killed if it were your retail store?
And how would you then, afterwards, reconciled this with Jesus Christ and His Father?
"Thou Shalt Not Kill" is a pretty heavy Commandment, no?
Hmmmm...
RW

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
RWVBWL said:
GWS said:

GWS,
I did retail, in "DogTown" for a long time.

Read a bit, over the years, on Jesus, + His Father too.

Must have forgotten that tale you write of. Got a link?
Maybe the folks whom you say Jesus gave an ass kickin' too were not armed?
It being God's Will + all that...

Seems like Jesus's fists didn't do much good for him when The Romans came for him, right?
Would Jesus have shot them if so armed using his 2nd Amendment Rights here in the good ol' USA?
Kill them all, God will sort it out?

Or would Jesus have let them rob his store, steal his goods?
It bein' whatever God's Will was to be?

Either way,
I'm curious, would you too have shot the dude whom was killed if it were your retail store?
And how would you then, afterwards, reconciled this with Jesus Christ and His Father?

Hmmmm...
RW
This is beyond the scope of the time/effort I am willing to devote to this. You can Google stuff from the Bible, you know that right? Do that. Then think about "turn the other cheek" for awhile.

I have a close friend whose daughter was killed in a holdup of a retail establishment. She was on the floor complying. Shot her in the head to leave no witnesses.

Happens all the time. Case by case basis, but would I? If I thought there was a real chance that my life in danger, I believe in a right to self defense. So does the law. Thank God. Pun not intended.

You aren't required to forfeit your life to some guy looking to make a couple of hundred bucks.

There was an obvious point to Jesus submitting to his crucifixion. I don't know how you could read the bible at all and not get that. According to the bible he knew it was coming and and didn't run or offer any resistance. Why? You should understand that much. It's the basic concept behind all of Christianity.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
GWS said:
That's fine.

Imagine what he would have done to a shoulder hopper at Rincon.

(as a child I was expelled from three separate religious based schools. I can do this $hit all day)
I'm quite fond of the story of Jesus kicking the sh!t out of the money changers in the temple. The one thing that prompted Jesus to violence was when the House Of God was profaned by the presence of commerce.

To the shoulder hopper Jesus would have turned the other cheek. But seeing as how there was plenty to go around during the Sermon On The Mount, imagine what Jesus could do during a Sermon at the Point.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
RWVBWL said:
GromsDad said:
Justice has been served.
What would you have done? Kill him too?

I wonder what Jesus would have done?
Pull out his gun + kill the dude or give him the shirt off his back, so to say?

I seem to recall reading somewhere in an old book that "Thou shalt not kill" or something like that,
so I wonder how any of you surfers who might be Conservative Christian + gun owners
can justify this, the taking of a life for what, material possessions?

How's the white dude who pulled the trigger gonna get into Heaven now?
Ask God for forgiveness? "Sorry God, I had to kill him, he was gonna steal from me"...
Hmmmm.
Jesus stopped being peace Jesus when Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire. Today, he has morphed into Republican Jesus, which is by far the best Jesus.

Which one would you rather worship?

This awesome Jeremiah Johnson-looking Jesus?

Or this terrorist-looking peasant?

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/gOkawaguYNiSI" width="480" height="200" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/agree-nod-robert-redford-gOkawaguYNiSI">via GIPHY</a></p>

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
ifallalot said:
RWVBWL said:
GromsDad said:
Justice has been served.
What would you have done? Kill him too?

I wonder what Jesus would have done?
Pull out his gun + kill the dude or give him the shirt off his back, so to say?

I seem to recall reading somewhere in an old book that "Thou shalt not kill" or something like that,
so I wonder how any of you surfers who might be Conservative Christian + gun owners

How's the white dude who pulled the trigger gonna get into Heaven now?
Ask God for forgiveness? "Sorry God, I had to kill him, he was gonna steal from me"...
Hmmmm.
Jesus stopped being peace Jesus when Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire. Today, he has morphed into Republican Jesus, which is by far the best Jesus.

Which one would you rather worship?

This awesome Jeremiah Johnson-looking Jesus?

Or this terrorist-looking peasant?

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/gOkawaguYNiSI" width="480" height="200" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/agree-nod-robert-redford-gOkawaguYNiSI">via GIPHY</a></p>
Jesus! Jesus is more handsome than Robert Redford! The real Jesus I mean, not that fake ass, La Brea Tar Pits reject looking Jesus.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
RWVBWL said:
I've read (strict/literal) Hebrew translations of that commandment and in Hebrew is really reads as "you shall not muder" aka 'illegally kill'.

I don't know this for certain as was reading someone else's work and I never fact check their assertion, but knowing religious edicts and translations, seems like a possible thing.

On paper, Christianity is full of love one another as you love yourself, the charity of good works, and whatnot, which was supposed to supplant the Old Testament vengeful God and smite the enemies stuff, but it seems people are still struggling with the new message.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Anyone ever thought vids like this are kinda a problem in that they are also instructional to people with criminal intent.

If you think about it for a moment, this should be titled: 'How not to rob a place' or 'Do it like this and you will die so don't do it (like this)"

In any case, the vid teaches a few lessons;

1 No one did their research
2 Someone overestimated their ability
3 Shoot first, talk later
4 Snuff vids are depressing in ways Fail videos are not

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Mr Doof said:
Anyone ever thought vids like this are kinda a problem in that they are also instructional to people with criminal intent.

If you think about it for a moment, this should be titled: 'How not to rob a place' or 'Do it like this and you will die so don't do it (like this)"

In any case, the vid teaches a few lessons;

1 No one did their research
2 Someone overestimated their ability
3 Shoot first, talk later
4 Snuff vids are depressing in ways Fail videos are not
All store owners....in fact all free law abiding Americans should be free to concealed carry if they so choose. Watch crime drop. I love videos like this. Criminals need to know there is a very real chance that this is their sudden fate. Our current lawless state exists because for the most part criminals know there are few consequences......even if they are caught.