Palm Springs Surf Club

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Ahh yes a desert inland from actual surf gets V2 of a wavepool.

Florida still has Typhoon Lagoon.

The South Bay has had plenty of swell.
You couldn't make it commercially viable but if you made decent spots from Torrance to Santa Monica, just think of how many fewer cars there'd be driving to fuck the beach and bog ass and burn everyone at Porto Potty. Probably better vehicle C02 ROI than most of what they're doing. Emissions x number of feet between 45th and Rosecrans divided by 20.

Kings lost to the NY Islanders and got blown out like one of your girlfriend's morning deuces against the NY Rangers. Positive vibes only and remember to GFY.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I booked this AM for mid Jan - woulda been fun with some of you guys but had stuff going on and could not access the erBB to collude.

I chose the Intermediate A-frame as the Left and Right were booked out any day I was off.

The Slab looks like a one-way ticket to Eisenhower, really tricky.
Seeing Mason Ho wiping out on it several times was not reassuring, and I'm guessing it would take at least a session to figure it out since it's a bounce.

I don't regret booking but unless the cost drops it will be my first and last time.

A novelty experience.

3 waves every 1.5 minutes shared with 12 people over 1 hour for $160.

It's basically a really expensive lift ticket...but you're getting so much less for your money.
solid. great to see erBB boots on the ground for a proper review.

Reactions: PRCD

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
The skidkids video has been my favorite so far. Highlights are kalani Robb calling Blair’s backside tube in the slab the best barrel the pool has seen yet. And then from 16 minutes to the end when Blair gets to winch in

8cc5d17b-1679-428e-a5e9-cae73fa59844.jpeg

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
I think they'll all be irrelevant in less time them that.

Same as all the waterparks that failed before them.

Just too expensive.
I actually think that it will be irrelevant because the current engineering limits will get sorted and newer pools will make bigger and better waves at the same price - I am pretty sure that somewhere in the world, probably not the us, pools will get to the fantasy wave stage...just not sure how long it will take.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
David Lee Scales is at least 6'2.

Not even close. The NJ wave pool looks more like the Allentown wavepool from the 80s.

Zacky Taylor is like 3’2” and Mason 5’2” lol.

It’s an old trick - the Phoenix pool has been featuring Carson and Cannon Carr. Wave looks almost fun if you weigh 75 lbs.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Zacky Taylor is like 3’2” and Mason 5’2” lol.

It’s an old trick - the Phoenix pool has been featuring Carson and Cannon Carr. Wave looks almost fun if you weigh 75 lbs.
If you think you need to be featherweight to enjoy that wave you need some surf skills.

Mason Ho is 5'8.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
If you think you need to be featherweight to enjoy that wave you need some surf skills.

Mason Ho is 5'8.
Sure he is.

Still smaller than an average man.

But the dead giveaway on this pool is the lack of head on video angles. Tight water shots and video at extreme angles just attempt to hide the average nature of this pool.

Last edited: