Oside pier is on fire!

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
I have a theory that Ruby's somehow set it ablaze. A friend posted a story about a Ruby's diner burning up on the seal beach pier in May 2016 (see below). Now, coincidentally, Ruby's diner burned up on the oceanside pier :unsure:

Something swells afoul with Rubys... It would be interesting to know if they held an insurance policy on that place. Its been abandoned for a while now, so who knows.

Yeah, two abandoned Rubys restaurants on piers both burn. Successful restaurants aren't in the habit of abandoning their premises.

If no cooking was going on, exactly what caused the fire?

Awfully coincidental.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Yeah, two abandoned Rubys restaurants on piers both burn. Successful restaurants aren't in the habit of abandoning their premises.

Awfully coincidental.
Rubys restaurants burn on piers all the time. This has ALWAYS happened.

• Haha
Reactions: Clayster

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Rubys restaurants burn on piers all the time. This has ALWAYS happened.
So more than two have burned?

I'm thinking that a pier fire would be harder for the arson investigators to solve in the event of arson.

All that timber? Would seem to be easy to hide the accelerant.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
So more than two have burned?

I'm thinking that a pier fire would be harder for the arson investigators to solve in the event of arson.

All that timber? Would seem to be easy to hide the accelerant.
I'm just giving standard canned responses before everyone else does. Relax.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Wrench and Rodent is the name of his restaurant?

What.. he hits a rat with a wrench and makes a kabob out of it?

Hard pass on that place. :shameonyou:
I've been there and it was helpful for them to be located across the highway from the Beach Break Cafe, a local classic breakfast and lunch restaurant. You will probably park in the Beach Break lot.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Awfully coincidental.
If they’re not operating on the premises there’s not going to be insurance coverage any longer. And if there is, they don’t own the building and don’t have operating losses so there’s no damages to Pay out. And if there were, the lease w the city likely gives the payout to the city, which owns the building.

Or maybe a chain with restaurants all over the place is going to burn two piers out of spite?

lol.

It couldn’t have been homeless meth heads.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Where are these oside meth heads getting their meth?

Can someone talk to the bums for me?
I saw one smoking in front of the Regal theater not more than 3 hours ago. If you hurry you might find him. Tall skinny guy, messy hair and a beard.