Ok so, I asked for the pitch, I was curious, and I signed on the dotted line

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
NDA bro. Non Disclosure Arrangement. He’s not going to risk jeopardizing becoming a founding member in such an exclusive club/being part of an artificial wave riding community that has endless perfect waves and art books bro.
i told the sales director about the forum, he is stocked for the trolling and flaming. I'm actually sending him this link right now

They know what they have, and they know it's going to print money. It checks every box, and some boxes i didn't even know i needed. The entire clubhouse: dining room, lounges, work spaces, all of it designed in open concept so that every view is of he action in the pool. It's going to be gorgeous, and an overhead wave that barrels for ALL 85 YARDS. it's not a roll in, pump a few, then tuck for a cover up. It's barreling from start to finish. You can "choose" to outrun the barrel if you feel like doing some turns. He says they estimate up to 10+ proper snaps per wave, if electing to forego the barrel.

The entire Engstrom family is on board, and Leif will be the director of instruction and coaching.

Ariel is going to be like, the fitness director or something i believe

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh sh!t. I cant help but hate. I suspect its gonna end up being a wave like American dream in jerz for a bunch of reasons. They will spend a sh!t ton on the club but not what they really need to on the wave. And for the record American dream is dogshit. And this is the best case scenario. More than likely once the reality of this failure becomes apparent all the deposits are going to disappear and some of the founders are going to be very hard to reach. I would have figured your sales experience would give you a nose for scams...that said I have a map of a secret left hand point under the Verrazano bridge I will sell you for cheap
He said the American Dream wave is a joke to anyone and everyone in the artificial wave building world. Not even in the same multi-verse

yes, this particular design of the pneumatic method will be their own.
What I heard from the demo and I'm not an engineer nor educated in the appropriate terms (just a simpleton graduate in mathematics - bear with me) the way they explained the mechanism of the pool was that instead of sucking water from below and projecting it from below upwards (a-la Skudin Wave pool, Waco et al) was that the pumps are sucking the water upwards and then they send it down at a certain velocity. There are I think 20 something of these pumps behind the pool (elevated) so that orchestration in conjunction with the reef gives the operator some modulation abilities.
The fact that the pool is sequestered in this 'underground' setup also helps to minimize wind effects.

Reactions: Mr J and Subway

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
i told the sales director about the forum, he is stocked for the trolling and flaming. I'm actually sending him this link right now

They know what they have, and they know it's going to print money. It checks every box, and some boxes i didn't even know i needed. The entire clubhouse: dining room, lounges, work spaces, all of it designed in open concept so that every view is of he action in the pool. It's going to be gorgeous, and an overhead wave that barrels for ALL 85 YARDS. it's not a roll in, pump a few, then tuck for a cover up. It's barreling from start to finish. You can "choose" to outrun the barrel if you feel like doing some turns. He says they estimate up to 10+ proper snaps per wave, if electing to forego the barrel.

The entire Engstrom family is on board, and Leif will be the director of instruction and coaching.

Ariel is going to be like, the fitness director or something i believe

The gap between concept and product will be interesting. It sounds dreamy, and the KS pool shows the lengths and costs that people will go to for "perfection" (drive hours to a cow pie town and shill out 10k plus for their group), so it's a matter of whether their tech will deliver. Nobody has made one that fits that description, much less tried to sell it. A true 7-9 foot barreling wave on takeoff is outside of the wheelhouse of most surfers that fall into the country club income bracket, but I'd imagine that would change with all the reps one would get. I also imagine there will be a loophole for non member pros to get sessions in for the sake of marketing.

Sounds like Leif and the Engstrom family saw what Cheyne Mags was able to do in TX and hopped in with both feet.

I know nothing about Leif and his family other than they are Montauk & PR people.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Da fuc? Jeep Grand Cherokee??? 4x2 I bet. Interior? Who gives a Rats ass? What engine you got? V8? You got the quadra lift? Its a fuckin fiat!!Wherd all the real men go? They aint surfing the pools mate!!!
4x4. 3.6 liter V 6. Leather. Heated everything. Chargers and cup holders for miles.

goes 100 on the interstate without a wobble nor complaint. drop into low gear for the snow and mud in Vermont and she handles beautifully.

I don’t need a pick up, I need a medium-large SUV and that’s exactly what I got

i also have a 2007 hard top convertible 328 that goes 150 with no wobble or complaint. But that probably offends you somehow too.

everytime I hear a boomer say snow flake or pussy I just laugh. motherfooker I graduated with the towers collapsing a mile south of me, and the ensuing micro depression in NYC. Then I was in my late 20s for the housing and financial collapse your generation created. And then Covid. And I’m already back in black, living my best life.

you, however funny you are, seem very sad and small most of the time

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
What I heard from the demo and I'm not an engineer nor educated in the appropriate terms (just a simpleton graduate in mathematics - bear with me) the way they explained the mechanism of the pool was that instead of sucking water from below and projecting it from below upwards (a-la Skudin Wave pool, Waco et al) was that the pumps are sucking the water upwards and then they send it down at a certain velocity. There are I think 20 something of these pumps behind the pool (elevated) so that orchestration in conjunction with the reef gives the operator some modulation abilities.
The fact that the pool is sequestered in this 'underground' setup also helps to minimize wind effects.
This is accurate. And there is A system that literally “eats” the whitewater of the broken wave, and distributes it gently out the back, thus leaving perfectly clean water surface within 20 seconds. Wind break walls help too. They are building the ”big” wall housing the machinery on the west side of the pool, which will minimize most wind directions (Nw and Sw) and the pool will be quite a bit below grade, so wind won’t really be an issue at all

Reactions: manel85

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’m assuming the water temp will be controlled.
but is that true?
what’s the water temp going to be?

I just skimmed the first page for the answer, but I’m not skimming the other 14 pages too

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m assuming the water temp will be controlled.
but is that true?
what’s the water temp going to be?

I just skimmed the first page for the answer, but I’m not skimming the other 14 pages too
kept heated between 65-70 year round. The heat is provided as a by product of the wave generator

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Praia da Grama seems fun. Unfortunately none of my rich friends bought a house there stupid idiots, so there's no one to invite brukuns. They're slacking. I see a lot of it on my feed though, its quite triggering.