*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Clay and Mase are built for free surfing. So much creativity. Contests not so much. Mase said in an interview I didn’t lose I just ran out of time.

Watched most of the day. There’s certain heats that I was more interested in. John’s and the rest of the Hawaii crew, the guys on my FS team, and of course if this will be Kelly’s last heat. He’ll probably ask for wildcards to Tahiti and Pipe so it won’t be his last time in a jersey.

You guys ever watch CT clips on YouTube or instagram. The comments and conspiracies especially from Brazilian fans are way worse than what’s posted here. A lot of them really don’t care for John. I find it amusing.

Like I posted before. After John’s last title in 2017 there has only been Brazilian champs. And if WSL wants John to win so bad why would they make it winner take all at Trestles. TRESTLES. Pipeline should be the cabal/conspirators first choice Teahupoo the second. Although John never won a CT in Tahiti yet and he’s won more contests in Brazil than most Brazilians.

Yeah I don’t know. If watching a John turn or the backside attack of Medina, Connor O, RCal doesn’t give you the urge to shralp then off to the bargain basement soft top soul arching hell for you. Haha.
There was video of Mason and Mick Fanning surfing Trestles, Mick was clearly on a another level. That being said Mason is great at what he does and is the most entertaining to watch IMO

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Surfing is like Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Swimming, etc... not really spectator sports, unless of course you find yourself in the group of "those who can't, but wish they could".

:poke::nana::monkey:

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Seriously, the worst thing about vegans is they constantly have to remind you they are vegan. That's what this thread has turned into.

So you don't like the WSL. No worries. Don't watch. Seems so simple.

Mason is a great surfer, but lets be real. Nowhere near the same level surfer as the tour guys in performance based waves (Margies is a perfect example).

The best part of Masons videos are the Coco cameos.

Ben Gravy??? Jesus Christ just stop.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I’m assuming none of the macho he-man woman hater Alfalfas here watched the women’s heats. Courtney got a wave Molly Pickles got the next one and ran Courtney over. Not sure there was an impact but Molly fell, Courtney didn’t get an interference but she could’ve.

The best part is Ritchie Lovett says the surfer on the wave has the right of way and in a situation like that you should always paddle to the whitewash and never try to race the rider to the shoulder. Courtney didn’t have anywhere to go cause of the reef heads but Jah bless you Ritchie. Too bad it didn’t happen in a John, Kelly or Gabby heat so more donkeys could hear this.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and SpudBoy

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
The best part of Masons videos are the Coco cameos.
How dare you. I’m in a Mase video eating sh*t. Mike scolded him for me. Haha. Mike cameos are highlights too.

Got him back though. Nah he paddled cause he thought I might miss it. He jumped off and somehow got another wave in the same set and got a seat belt grab barrel going past me as I paddled back out.

F67223B6-A92B-482E-9E41-D1EC9A480C31.jpeg

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Nathan Florence has that same limp wrist thing. Of all the things about my own style that I hate, I am so happy that is not one of them.

Reactions: Aruka

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Waves look insanely fun.
Jordy's last turn in the Felipe heat was ridiculous. Good to see him pushing it. Tough luck against Felipe.
JJFWTF!
Hilarious that Kelly gets unceremoniously cut just before Surf Ranch. The cut sucks.

Last edited:

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
What's next for Kolohe? I don't see see him fighting his way back. I hope he has some irons in the fire.