*** Official Volcom Pipe Pro thread ***

Jun 29, 2017
Fukkin announcers are all annoying!! 35-40 yo old men talking like 14 year old groms if fooking lame. I just keep on tv and play music in background because waves are firing. Ive been surfing 3 sessions a day cause waves been so good out here i get home to do some work and see pipe going off and im like, yep conditions still great im not that tired!! We had such shitty winds december and first 20 days of january and this week just lit up.... so many spots fining over here!!!

Reactions: noone999

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
Fukkin announcers are all annoying!! 35-40 yo old men talking like 14 year old groms if fooking lame. I just keep on tv and play music in background because waves are firing. Ive been surfing 3 sessions a day cause waves been so good out here i get home to do some work and see pipe going off and im like, yep conditions still great im not that tired!! We had such shitty winds december and first 20 days of january and this week just lit up.... so many spots fining over here!!!
Totally agree with you about the announcers. They talk down. They act like groms and can't string 4 words together without sounding stupid. Kaipo is the only one who is decent. I turn off the sound, too.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Seems round 5 is on, but no live feed? showing round 4? Anyone else have this issue?
It’s on red bull tv.

Waves look junk. They have over a week left to run. I know they won’t run on super bowl Sunday, but it’s kinda crappy. Maybe set quarters and wait for a better day.

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
I don’t know why these guys are running today with 9 days left in the waiting period. Waves are garbage pretty much everywhere on the NS this morning. I surfed for 90 minutes before I said forget it.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Volcom/Redbull feed is great here(San Diego). No buffering, clean feed....WAY better than the usual WSL feeds during the season.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Jeannie texted me who she picked for the Todd award. Good choice. Kaipo usually rushes through that presentation cause he’ll cry. Todd and Kaipo grew up together.