*** Official Vans World Cup of Surfing thread ***

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Yago could double qualify as well. I guess Jadson could too, but he would probably need to win pipe.

I'm bummed Barron is beyond the cut line. Easily one of my favorite surfers right now. Really stocked for Jack Robbo though!

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Yago could double qualify as well. I guess Jadson could too, but he would probably need to win pipe.

I'm bummed Barron is beyond the cut line. Easily one of my favorite surfers right now. Really stocked for Jack Robbo though!

Jack surfs like Andy.

Reactions: Boneroni

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
i'd have called that interfereance
and i'd have scored zekes wave as complete
Seriously? Run over another competitor and the other guy gets an interference? Lau has a history of intimidating, remember when he paddled over Two John's board in a CT event?
Ross Williams: "...we had Zeke sharking around, trying to get into Jack's head, doing, you know, ...what he does. Then he accidentally runs you over" And he sat right on top of Robbo again later in the heat.

Last edited:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
What does that even mean? It's 'trolling' if someone doesn't share your opinion?
I don't think Zeke had any other route to take. Jack on the other hand could and should have paddled towards the white water and wore it on the head... actually he should be paddling on the channel to begin with.

Is it your fault if someone throws themselves under your truck?

But if you truly believe Zeke was in the wrong, don't worry, I'll respect your opinion.

Cheers

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
I don't think Zeke had any other route to take. Jack on the other hand could and should have paddled towards the white water and wore it on the head... actually he should be paddling on the channel to begin with.

Is it your fault if someone throws themselves under your truck?

But if you truly believe Zeke was in the wrong, don't worry, I'll respect your opinion.

Cheers
Shared fault, in my opinion. But if the Judges were to reward running over rivals where would that lead?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Shared fault, in my opinion. But if the Judges were to reward running over rivals where would that lead?
One of the first things one learns in surfing is to paddle towards the whitewater and wear it on the head.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
zeke might be an a-hole, maybe... but robo was in the way, zeke made the tube, but fell due to running over robos board
thats an interference
wonder if robo got a nice ding

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
The rule says that if the judges think that the collision was an accident then there is no interference. Looks like an accident to me, an accident that was 100% Jack's fault but still an accident.