hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I haven't read this thread in a while, can somebody sum it up for me?

Is Hunter Biden in jail yet and why not?
Not in jail. He's a protected political elite and not a smelly like you and me.

In other news:

Hunter Biden and associates received 2019 subpoena over business deals in China
Hunter Biden and two business associates received a grand jury subpoena regarding their business dealings in China about 17 months before the 2020 presidential election, The Post has learned.

The order sent by the Department of Justice to JP Morgan Chase bank asked for the records of any international financial transactions for the past five years involving Hunter, his uncle James Biden and former business partners Devon Archer and Eric Schwerin, according to federal documents.

The anti-corruption nonprofit Marco Polo, founded by former Trump administration official Garrett Ziegler, obtained the filing, which targets the financial ties between the four men and the Bank of China.

The subpoena was issued by Delaware’s US Attorney David Weiss on May 15, 2019. At the time, Hunter’s father, Joe Biden, was a presidential candidate.

The subpoena was issued just five weeks after Hunter allegedly left his laptop in a Delaware repair shop. A total of 15 businesses owned by Hunter and his associates were listed on the legal document.

A spokesperson for Hunter could not be reached for comment Sunday night.
Last year, Hunter revealed that he’s under investigation for possible tax fraud and he told “CBS This Morning” in April that he had no plans to strike a plea deal.

Hunter Biden, 50, disclosed the probe in a statement released by his father’s presidential transition team.

“I learned yesterday for the first time that the US Attorney’s Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs,” Hunter said in the statement.

“I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors.”

In October 2020, The Post exclusively revealed that a hard drive holding the contents of Hunter’s laptop contained a trove of emails detailing his controversial overseas business dealings, as well as explicit photos and videos.

One especially raunchy video appeared to show him smoking crack while engaged in a sex act with an unidentified woman.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Not in jail. He's a protected political elite and not a smelly like you and me.

In other news:

Hunter Biden and associates received 2019 subpoena over business deals in China
Hunter Biden and two business associates received a grand jury subpoena regarding their business dealings in China about 17 months before the 2020 presidential election, The Post has learned.

The order sent by the Department of Justice to JP Morgan Chase bank asked for the records of any international financial transactions for the past five years involving Hunter, his uncle James Biden and former business partners Devon Archer and Eric Schwerin, according to federal documents.

The anti-corruption nonprofit Marco Polo, founded by former Trump administration official Garrett Ziegler, obtained the filing, which targets the financial ties between the four men and the Bank of China.

The subpoena was issued by Delaware’s US Attorney David Weiss on May 15, 2019. At the time, Hunter’s father, Joe Biden, was a presidential candidate.

The subpoena was issued just five weeks after Hunter allegedly left his laptop in a Delaware repair shop. A total of 15 businesses owned by Hunter and his associates were listed on the legal document.

A spokesperson for Hunter could not be reached for comment Sunday night.
Last year, Hunter revealed that he’s under investigation for possible tax fraud and he told “CBS This Morning” in April that he had no plans to strike a plea deal.

Hunter Biden, 50, disclosed the probe in a statement released by his father’s presidential transition team.

“I learned yesterday for the first time that the US Attorney’s Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs,” Hunter said in the statement.

“I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors.”

In October 2020, The Post exclusively revealed that a hard drive holding the contents of Hunter’s laptop contained a trove of emails detailing his controversial overseas business dealings, as well as explicit photos and videos.

One especially raunchy video appeared to show him smoking crack while engaged in a sex act with an unidentified woman.

any day now

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
of course the grand jury disbanded without charges but zero integrity guy doesn't care about that part, meanwhile his people are being grand jury'd AND charged and he's making ALL THE EXCUSES ahahahah

what a fkn looser

can you imagine being as fkn dumb as this?!

sometimes I think it might be great because he doesn't seem to exhibit ANY cognitive dissonance over making a fool of himself for the better part of a decade here, day in and day out

it's wild, man!

Reactions: hal9000

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
of course the grand jury disbanded without charges but zero integrity guy doesn't care about that part, meanwhile his people are being grand jury'd AND charged and he's making ALL THE EXCUSES ahahahah

what a fkn looser

can you imagine being as fkn dumb as this?!

sometimes I think it might be great because he doesn't seem to exhibit ANY cognitive dissonance over making a fool of himself for the better part of a decade here, day in and day out

it's wild, man!
Thats why I hold out hope that some part of it is an act, how can one successfully function in society being like this?

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
wapo gives dupo some credit !! )

Conservatives spend an inordinate amount of time denouncing promiscuous accusations of racism. Racism is a gigantic problem in American life. The use of specious charges of racism to shut down debate is a much smaller yet still important problem. Finding sane approaches to identify racism, without allowing shaky charges of racism to become a cudgel against legitimate debate, is a difficult proposition.

One fascinating aspect of the current era is that this problem has come to a head during an era dominated by Donald Trump, a figure who manages to combine the worst aspects of both problems. Trump of course is very famously a gigantic racist. But he is also in the habit of flinging unfounded charges of racism as a cover for his own misconduct. His ability to combine the worst aspects of racism with the worst aspects of political correctness is a unique achievement.

Reactions: hammies