***Official surf session invite thread***

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Big Sur is one of those last places where you can't pull up and phone all of your Bro/bras about how good it is.

After all of the Cell phone towers burn down, even less.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Ha! These were arranged specifically back then so TOPBK and GEO could attempt to drop in on me all day. At least that's my theory. :roflmao:

Seriously, though, you have no idea on the 15 year comment. The La Fonda trips were epic back then along with the Arden classics. And the parties at The Hut and Casa de Groovn. I was so hungover at the first Arden that I could not function in sunlight without a towel over my head. I believe that was the one time I met GWS. Behind a towel. :roflmao:

I've been here since 2000 man. I just don't get invited because, I dunno, my sense of humor rubs people the wrong way online? I'da gone.

Edit: I couldn't have gone. In 2005 I was 17 years old, living in a surf shop foam room and broke as fvck, but happy as I am now.

Last edited:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Growing up. As a Grom. I don't think anybody goes through the same process these days. Too many Lawyers.
Not sure I'm likely to grow up, probably just gonna grow old.

Tomorrow morning, morro bay again. Come be in awe of the lightning fast drad shape, if your ego can handle it.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I don't even think you can drive north of town now. The Evac zone is right up to Natural Bridges.
They talk about containment on this fire. There is no containment. Tomorrow they will say 25% containment because its burned all the way to the ocean from Waddell to Santa Cruz. Nothing left to burn.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
They talk about containment on this fire. There is no containment. Tomorrow they will say 25% containment because its burned all the way to the ocean from Waddell to Santa Cruz. Nothing left to burn.
So no matter what, we are asymptomaticly approaching 100% containment, rah? That's good news. Mathematically.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
It will be 50% once it burns to 17

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Oh man, i feel like this could not be a thread here 15 years ago. Maybe it will be cool with the way things are right now, though.

Intention is this, share where you're going to paddle out and when, if you want to be joined. Basically invite more crowd while we complain about crowds, so i understand no one will be doing open invites to low key spots. Kinda hope actually. However, if being alone isn't your concern, but hanging out and having a good time with others is, those days happen.

I'll start. I'm on my way to Morro Rock. Going to paddle out by 12:45 and have a couple hour go at it, purely on hope. Anyone want to say hi, I'm fairly easy to spot in a red topped suit.

Because surfing is more fun with friends....sometimes.
Man did I score the pit 2 years ago at xmas. Unreal.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I've been diverging since MUD told me to.

Although technically the 904 erBBers have had a meetup for half of the decent swells and all the ones with NNW/N/NNE winds.

Edit: Also pretty sure there is a standing meetup at El Porto.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'll be surfing at _________ tomorrow. Look for my ______ parked near the ______ . I plan to paddle out around _____ when the tide is right at _____. After the session, we can hit up lunch at _________. Hope to see you guys there. :shaka:
I drove passed there once. But I didn't paddle out.

It looked sharky.

• Haha
Reactions: r32