***Official surf session invite thread***

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Oh man, i feel like this could not be a thread here 15 years ago. Maybe it will be cool with the way things are right now, though.

Intention is this, share where you're going to paddle out and when, if you want to be joined. Basically invite more crowd while we complain about crowds, so i understand no one will be doing open invites to low key spots. Kinda hope actually. However, if being alone isn't your concern, but hanging out and having a good time with others is, those days happen.

I'll start. I'm on my way to Morro Rock. Going to paddle out by 12:45 and have a couple hour go at it, purely on hope. Anyone want to say hi, I'm fairly easy to spot in a red topped suit.

Because surfing is more fun with friends....sometimes.

Reactions: gbg and mundus

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I'll be surfing at _________ tomorrow. Look for my ______ parked near the ______ . I plan to paddle out around _____ when the tide is right at _____. After the session, we can hit up lunch at _________. Hope to see you guys there. :shaka:

Reactions: Aruka

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Oh man, i feel like this could not be a thread here 15 years ago.
Ha! These were arranged specifically back then so TOPBK and GEO could attempt to drop in on me all day. At least that's my theory. :roflmao:

Seriously, though, you have no idea on the 15 year comment. The La Fonda trips were epic back then along with the Arden classics. And the parties at The Hut and Casa de Groovn. I was so hungover at the first Arden that I could not function in sunlight without a towel over my head. I believe that was the one time I met GWS. Behind a towel. :roflmao:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Meh, here and there :nana: :waving::shaka:
in fact an erBB surf trip to nica or someplace would hit the spot right now
Just for the abundance of quality content we have all provided, I am thinking a sponsored trip for all of us to Tavarua; just take it over. :beer:

Reactions: jkb

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Ha! These were arranged specifically back then so TOPBK and GEO could attempt to drop in on me all day. At least that's my theory. :roflmao:

Seriously, though, you have no idea on the 15 year comment. The La Fonda trips were epic back then along with the Arden classics. And the parties at The Hut and Casa de Groovn. I was so hungover at the first Arden that I could not function in sunlight without a towel over my head. I believe that was the one time I met GWS. Behind a towel. :roflmao:
Isn't there a picture? Fun times for sure!

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
It may have been the "Arden" where I met a bunch of people. That kid who was learning to speak Japanese, must have smoked a pound of weed and drank his weight in alcohol before noon. He had some of us worried when he took off on his skateboard to buy more liquor and wasn't seen again for as long as I stuck around. For some of us the only way we knew he was actually alive was when he posted here the next day.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
It may have been the "Arden" where I met a bunch of people. That kid who was learning to speak Japanese, must have smoked a pound of weed and drank his weight in alcohol before noon. He had some of us worried when he took off on his skateboard to buy more liquor and wasn't seen again for as long as I stuck around. For some of us the only way we knew he was actually alive was when he posted here the next day.
jjenks?

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I did a kneeboarder "Gathering" years ago in Big Sur. The Plaskett group campsites. I reserved all three for thee days. Out of my own pocket.

It corresponded with a awesome south swell. Willow Creek was about the best I have ever seen it. This was back in 2004. The sheer volume of traffic was not there back then.

Kneeboarders. That old saying. "Trying to herd cats". I/2 wanted to just go out and do their do. The other 1/2 from LA/SD wanted to have a contest.

Nobody wanted to pay me for their camping fees.

Lessons Learned.

There is a saying up here. "You can take a Boy out of LA. "But you can never take The LA out of the Boy".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink