***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
A while back I started using The Surfer's Journal Podcast to help me fall asleep at night. Ran out of episodes I was interested in and they don't make many new ones. About a month ago I found this one and its got a pretty good catelog of sleep inducing content.

I used to read to fall asleep but have started listening to podcasts. It’s nice to have something to keep your mind occupied but not have any lights on. Mostly like True Crime stuff for sleeptime. Surf Podcasts while I’m working.

Millionaire Lover was pretty entertaining and takes place in Cayucos.

Reactions: jkb and Havoc

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Good one if you're a pro ho

Love BL

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Gone back through the surf splendor archive and picked out some pods. I don’t love DLS but they are entertaining with the right guest. Chris Malloy was interesting.

(2022) Pyzel was good.

(2022) DHD is a great Aussie character who likes to talk: Mick, Steph, shaping biz, SITD.
edit: He said Mick is always in the shaping bay and knows every millimeter of his boars. He only plays dumb in the Stab tests so he doesn’t hurt any shapers feelings why he doesn’t like a boar.
Edit: interesting he described himself more of a designer than a shaper now, talks about robot shaping, having his epoxies made in Thailand for EU and Oz.
429 – Darren Handley: DHD Surfboards

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here's a good one.

@ReForest, definitely a good one for you do digest
Finally someone admitting the broader surfboard industry is toast. The glass shop numbers are telling.

Boutique designers stay.

My thoughts; labels close shop, move overseas, or consolidate with other builders to Vegas or Yuma. Plenty of ex-surfers and non-surfers involved in surf to run a business from Landlockedville where they can afford a home. Shaper changes to parttime designer, simply making files, and maybe has a day job affording him to live coastal. He rarely touches a blank.

Reactions: GromsDad