*** Official Surf City El Salvador Pro Contest Thread (WSL, not the ISA event) ***

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
I think their luck is about average. I've been to Central America like 10 times, almost always in late June/early July, and I've gotten legitimately good waves once, and half the trips it got "I'm only surfing this because I took the day off and there's jack sh!t else to do." small for multiple days.
Bummer I'm 3 for 3...yeah this contest is yawnn

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
No way Ian Gentil can beat Felip. Ian Gentil shreds, but his technique is home cooked compared to Feliep's F1 engineered surfing.

1686930323936.png

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
not a huge fan of Ian's surfing. very back footed and lots of flailing limbs. actually similar to my surfing lol.

Reactions: caelho and 000

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Imagine going to a business, buying the product, only to hang out and talk about how bad it is. Over and over and over.

That's what most people on WSL comments look like to me.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Imagine having no other options b/c it's the only product in town...deep thoughts here :foreheadslap:

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
not a huge fan of Ian's surfing. very back footed and lots of flailing limbs. actually similar to my surfing lol.

I dunno, I enjoy his surfing. For a tall, super lanky human, he's got that low-effort look where it appears like he's not really trying yet does some beautiful turns and full rotation airs out of nowhere in between cruising. Plus I always like to see the mellow, unsponsored, humble guys do well. He is super back footed though for sure

surfcheck101

Nep status
Apr 9, 2006
South of the Border
Didnt get to see much of the contetst, but, really have enjoyed Griffins climb thru the ranks and in appearance the positive attitude he has been portraying, seems like he has put in the work and starting to figure it out to get where he is at today. The double shaka he threw paddling over the wave at the local kid Byran Perez during their heat in round 1 would make you think he is in a good head space and having fun on tour.

Reactions: Boneroni

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Didnt get to see much of the contetst, but, really have enjoyed Griffins climb thru the ranks and in appearance the positive attitude he has been portraying, seems like he has put in the work and starting to figure it out to get where he is at today. The double shaka he threw paddling over the wave at the local kid Byran Perez during their heat in round 1 would make you think he is in a good head space and having fun on tour.
He's ripping. But just doesn't look like he can beat filtol in trestles.

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina