*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Fucking Amazon KOOK!!
The box in the pic had all my electrical stuff in it at the time, crimpers, heat shrink connectors, multimeter, etc.

In general I try and order from Amazon as little as possible and try harder than anyone to support local businesses instead along with trying equally hard to support domestic design and manufacturing. I was stocked that the light bar I found was made in the USA. Rock, flag and eagle, bro.

Also stocked that I called an audible on the line and am going to chills td/ride tm. Toads/driving are no bueno rn, viz on the mtn same all day and its goon too snow more with the storm having turned around and now it’s coming from the N so I think it will be the best quality snow to boot.

1706975313909.png

Last edited:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
The box in the pic had all my electrical stuff in it at the time, crimpers, heat shrink connectors, multimeter, etc.

In general I try and order from Amazon as little as possible and try harder than anyone to support local businesses instead along with trying equally hard to support domestic design and manufacturing. I was stocked that the light bar I found was made in the USA. Rock, flag and eagle, bro.

Also stocked that I called an audible on the line and am going to chills td/ride tm. Toads/driving are no bueno rn, viz on the mtn same all day and its goon too snow more with the storm having turned around and now it’s coming from the N so I think it will be the best quality snow to boot.

View attachment 172011
Dude Im just razzing ya. Im sorry. That was a good article and your bar looks great

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Dude Im just razzing ya. Im sorry. That was a good article and your bar looks great
It’s all good bro. Aux lighting can def be worth it if you need it and doing the wiring isn’t rocket science. I ended up running everything into a single harness/wiring loom? that goes through the bar and then behind the bumper to the battery where the pass through wires are. I wrapped the fuck out of it with 3m electrical tape and then covered it and the few exposed wires in the black plastic corrugated tubing to protect it. Main thing was testing all connections over and over for continuity with the multimeter as I went. I wired in some fuses I didn’t need to just bc. I also made sure they were switched independent of the headlights bc stealth drug truck.

Kinda bummed I couldn’t moto and get to the mtn td but then I check the lift line cam and it’s looking pretty full on weekend warrior pow day since it hasn’t snowed in a while

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Post a pic of it mounted so we can see where it sit on the front of the F150. I was thinking of just mounting mine in the center where the license plate goes. My plate is already on the side anyways.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

View attachment 172011
I make my own. Bulbs and a socket from Oreily. My daughters old spaghettio cans. .

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Post a pic of it mounted so we can see where it sit on the front of the F150. I was thinking of just mounting mine in the center where the license plate goes. My plate is already on the side anyways.
the blackout covers are on the lights bc stealth drug truck and then they’re covered in snow rn so a pic ain’t gonna show much. I wanted them at bumper height for performance (Zones 1-4) along with being up and out of the way of harm and looks otherwise I’d have gone with below bumper/ standard fog light placement. You see LEDs on trucks here old school roof mount, but supposedly mount too high and you’re lights bounce off the top of the snow/dust and you can’t see the road and illegal in a lot of states (too high).
1706982630199.png
Corners are worth it just driving rural at night if there’s a lot of big wildlife you could hit.

Technically I should have mounted the spots further inboard, they’re also pretty unnecessary the cornering lights are so bright but I figured I’m only doing this once and I wanted it to have old school rally vibes.
1706983087737.png

I was right about not much being open td up on the mtn bc of control work along with grooming so def glad I stayed home.

More snow for the Cali bros

Last edited:
Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
another good weekend on the hill. My daughter had Friday off from school so we came up Thursday night, slept in our travel trailer and hit it all day Friday and all day today. My wife is super solid on her snowboard and our kiddo had a big breakthrough this weekend - confidence shot through the roof. She is nine years old, I figure I have two or three more years before she’s faster than me.
IMG_6318.jpeg

Matilija

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 27, 2010
No eastern Sierra updates? Sounds like a legendary dump. Knee deep in Lotte Arai and still snowing tonight. It’s on tomorrow.

Reactions: ElOgro

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Got some snow. Not a legendary dump. Not after last year. On and off hard winds. 395 closed for a bit but they got it back open. No school today. ( happened for 7 days in a row last year). Its nice to have a little snow. Im glad it waited a while though. Plows will be busy today in town. My neighbors out with his Honda blower. Lulls me to sleep.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
word on the streets is it was a full on crowd scene up at the mtn this weekend so ultimately I’m glad I shined on going. Bummed I can’t be there td bc furniture “delivery”/me going down to meet them and get it in my truck bc road up is bad.

Gonna try and make up for it and get out a couple days this week

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Heading to Breckenridge in March. Thinking about just bringing my split board as I want to do some back bowl stuff and not sure I want to lug two boards. Although I absolutely love my winter sticks board on mountain so it’s a tough decision. Have never ridden my split board on mountain like groomers. Any negatives to it?

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Heading to Breckenridge in March. Thinking about just bringing my split board as I want to do some back bowl stuff and not sure I want to lug two boards. Although I absolutely love my winter sticks board on mountain so it’s a tough decision. Have never ridden my split board on mountain like groomers. Any negatives to it?
I took my split board to Mammoth to dial it in when I first got it. Nothing crazy except it's a little bit different that my normal resort board, but nothing you couldn't feel out.

Reactions: manbearpig

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Are you ready for all the vagina that will be thrown at you in the lift line when the women see you’re Johny Backcountry???

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Snow Summit was about as good as it gets last Friday. Still low tide so the trees were a bit dodgy, but had about a foot of fresh on top and we were about 10th in line for first chair.

Roads were covered from about 5,000 feet on up in the morning and Cal Trans let me roll through in 4x4 once I confirmed I had chains in the vehicle. Snowed on and off all day and a bit breezy / socked in at the top, so left at 2:30pm. Luckily no traffic heading down either, and the roads had melted off so only wet pavement but there were hundreds of vehicles coming up by 3pm on Friday and turn outs as low as 2,000 feet were jammed with cars chaining up when not only was there nothing on the roads, but there was nothing even on the side of the roads. This was exacerbating traffic so bad and completely un-necessary. People rumbling on chains on pure pavement the entire way to Big Bear... why why why!!!??? :foreheadslap:

Snow.Summit-2-2-2024.jpg
Snow.Summit-2-2-2024--1.jpg
Snow.Summit-2-2-2024--2.jpg

Last edited: