*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Forecast is finally shaping up for some white wave at the local and looks like the tides gonna fill in. Figured it was gonna pop sooner or later despite all the whining. Surfs been pretty good this winter so haven't cared much, that and back in the office on hybrid and lost a bunch of flexibility I've had last several years. I'm quickly figuring things out though and Mondays and Fridays seem like a go. Gonna get the Orca off the rack, scraped, and tuned. Looking forward to getting my float on when I can swing it and hopefully get some seshies on the back end of this storm cycle. Local already closed for tomorrow.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Anyone use 32 TM-2 boots? Looking for stiffer than the Lashed
Yes. On my third pair. Laces, always laces, but I'd like to try the TM-2 double Boa I suppose.

My last pair, because of the color at the time and the price I was able to get on them I went with the TM-2 XLT with the beefier Vibram (now Michelin) outsole. I wouldn't do this again as I prefer the more low profile sole of the regular TM-2's.

Reactions: oeste858

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Yes. On my third pair. Laces, always laces, but I'd like to try the TM-2 double Boa I suppose.

My last pair, because of the color at the time and the price I was able to get on them I went with the TM-2 XLT with the beefier Vibram (now Michelin) outsole. I wouldn't do this again as I prefer the more low profile sole of the regular TM-2's.

This one looks sick. Im so curious to ride my new christenson bandito thirty twos. Pair them with a hovercraft and orion bindings from jones. Going to BC on february

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

Thanks. Yeah, I’m double boa for sure. So much easier to cinch down the fit on the fly. Hansens in Solona Bch had my size. stocked.

Did you use the u-shaped inserts to hold the heel down?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
20" in the past day! Keep it coming!

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Reports of an avalanche in bounds a little while ago at Palisades Tahoe I believe. Multiple people buried. Sounds really heavy!
http://instagr.am/p/C17e1uUPKil/
Gnarly and a wicked bummer. That’s why I at the very least have a beacon in PANTS pocket car to bar every day and I pack the full kit inbounds on deep days sadly in case of ever being there when sh!t gets real. Either bc I was there when it happened or the call went out for volunteers with beacons probes and shovels to help search in the event of a big slide which the inbounds ones usually are?

IMG_2728.jpeg

“AVALANCHES Happen IN bounds. Just a reminder to ski with a buddy and a beacon, and probe poles if possible. Thank You Everyone for your life saving skills. His name is Jason, and by the grace of God he is alive! This happened on East Side of KT22 at approx 9:35am and a plethora of people helped with 2 different slides that were thick and rapid. At least 3 buried and FOUND.”Chris Ernst

Last edited:

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
  • Sad
Reactions: Chocki and npsp

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Avy at Squaw, in bounds at KT22. One dead. :(
So sad. At least the search has concluded with everyone accounted for and only 1 fatality and 1 injury. RIP bro.

“According to CNN, one video posted to social media showed a person being dug out by fellow skiers. He appeared to be okay.”

• Sad
Reactions: npsp