*** Official Shark Thread ***

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I remember a story in Surfing mag a long time ago, about a guy who got bit at a spot north of Santa Cruz. This was in the 90s. The guy was able to walk back to his car, bleeding all over the place on the trail. He ran into another surfer who was walking down and told him not to tell anyone because he didn't want his wife to find out. For sure most encounters probably go unreported. :roflmao:

hugh shackman

OTF status
Mar 3, 2017
This one is brutal. actually ate the guy in front of multiple people by the rocks and left half of his body. that’s beyond terrifying

austard

Michael Peterson status
Nov 12, 2009
State of Grace
The following video shows a person( half???) floating in the water. It also shows a Shark taking the person away. Then it shows about 5 minutes of B - roll. Many people seem upset about the commentary in the back ground and the fact that the fishermen kept fishing.

• Sad
Reactions: ~rwright~

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
True maneater. Damn.
Now it has the taste for human flesh. I recon someone needs to call in Quint stat!

Effing gnar gnar. RIP swimmer guy. Wrong place wrong time but just for the record you would never catch me swimming out and about in a place like that. Just looks super sketch to me.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
The victim

British diving instructor who was training for a charity swim – and about to get married to the “girl of his dreams.”

RIP Simon Nellist

• Sad
Reactions: One-Off and McHatin

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
The following video shows a person( half???) floating in the water. It also shows a Shark taking the person away. Then it shows about 5 minutes of B - roll. Many people seem upset about the commentary in the back ground and the fact that the fishermen kept fishing.

condolenciez to his Family + friendz...

that said,
a coupla thingz i wanna make mention of, ok?
i wish pep'z could take a f**kin' video in land~scape, verses portrait mode,
for how do ya see thee World, side~wayz or horizontally?
i wonder...

them f**kin' seagulls be scavengerz,
i see 'em alll thee time tryin' to get free kibbles + bits when any fish is bein' eatin alive,
or dead + on thee beach, they dig them eye~ballz,
kinda gnar to see 'em scavengin', and also, wanna eat him too...
kill them all, right?

the dude,
well his upper torso did not appear to have a wetsuit on, contrary to what i had read, hmmm.
that shark wuz in thee area for some reason, doin' what sharks, dolphins, sea lions do, just livin'.
so why did it attack that dude? did he take a **** in the water?
were the fisher~mens chummin'?
hmmmm...

what a shitty, windy choppy water,
i'd say, to want to go for a swim,
but it seemz like he died, quickly,
doin', what he liked...
:shark:

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Wrong place wrong time but just for the record you would never catch me swimming out and about in a place like that. Just looks super sketch to me.
Growing up in Randwick, dear old dad would go spear fishing and diving in that area, well, more like Gordon's Bay and Clovelly. Says once he was out diving at Wedding Cake Island, about 20 ft down, just starting to go back up when he noticed a shark pass overhead. Expect he'lll cut out the newspaper articles he finds in the local Arizona newspaper about this, mail it to me, and then tell me to be careful. "You're in the Red Triangle, you know."

Reactions: hugh shackman