*** Official Rip Curl Bells Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It's so clear to me. But I'm a kook so what do I know. Problem is the best surfers in this forum have shown to dislike Gabby so it's hard to take their word for it... their own perception may be involuntarily biased.
What makes you think they are the best surfers in this forum? :unsure:

Slater is later and the viewers need a replacement guy to rail on. Medina, throughout his career, has made himself an easy target. He’s certainly got some calls that worked in his favor over the years, every title winner has.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
What makes you think they are the best surfers in this forum? :unsure:

Slater is later and the viewers need a replacement guy to rail on. Medina, throughout his career, has made himself an easy target. He’s certainly got some calls that worked in his favor over the years, every title winner has.
I’m not a Medina fan but he has been getting screwed by the judges.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I didn't say who "they" are. Not you, ok?

the WSL consistently fucks Gabe in the ass, no lube. They may be trying to move away from the whole Brazilian storm thing, maybe they want less brazzo fans, which I understand and fully support. Go WSL!
Lets not get carried away bruv. Brazzos have won like 8 out of the last 10 world titles and the year isnt over yet. Gabe has had so many close call his way. He has not looked quite like his old self the past couple years IMO. I dont think peak gabe would have let cole have that wave with 2 mins left.

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
The real loser is the wave. God that is some unappealing and hard to watch surfing.

But Gabe should've won in my opinion. He at least did an air and some floaters, more variety. But Brazilians are so off-putting with how seriously they take surfing. I know it was a thing back in the day, but does anyone buy a product because a ct'er endorses it?

Reactions: sh3