***Official Real Estate Thread***

May 2, 2024
For me it's related to the retirement thread. We'd like to downsize or move to a lower rent district to get rid of the mortgage. So I'm always looking.

This one's a little outside my geogrpahic range but I thought I'd share it here for you guys/gals/whatevers. Seems like a great opportunity ....or not. Maybe for a flip. Or for people who like to hit their heads on piers...

I recently purchased a property at DAMAC Lagoons Views and I couldn't be happier with my decision! The serene surroundings and luxurious amenities make it an ideal investment. The seamless buying process and excellent customer service added to the experience. I highly recommend considering this development if you're looking for a premium living or investment opportunity.
I'm on the brink of moving abroad and it's a whirlwind of emotions. The excitement of new beginnings is tinged with the sadness of farewells. I'll miss my hometown, yet I'm curious about the unknown. It's a leap of faith into a different world, hoping to find a place where I feel just as home.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'm on the brink of moving abroad and it's a whirlwind of emotions. The excitement of new beginnings is tinged with the sadness of farewells. I'll miss my hometown, yet I'm curious about the unknown. It's a leap of faith into a different world, hoping to find a place where I feel just as home."
Show us your t!ts!

• Haha
Reactions: Joshua2415

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I'm on the brink of moving abroad and it's a whirlwind of emotions. The excitement of new beginnings is tinged with the sadness of farewells. I'll miss my hometown, yet I'm curious about the unknown. It's a leap of faith into a different world, hoping to find a place where I feel just as home.
Where are you planning to move? Why? By yourself?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Then the landlord has to lower rent or they're losing money.

And they do lower them.

And they still don't rent.

This has been going on for the past 2 years...at the same time they're building more multilevel buildings, some 6 stories, in my neighborhood. And they don't rent either.

And they're the footings for even more of them.

All in a 1.5 sq mile area.

Mission Valley the same.

I know coworkers that live there.They tell me their building have been half empty for years.

How does this work?

Across from Fashion Valley they've been putting up a new rental community for probably 2 years now. Massive feat, carving out a huge portion of a very steep hillside for a very small multilevel area. They're maybe half finished. Nonstop construction. I have no idea how they're gong to make any ROI.
The overall vacancy rate in SD is 4.5%.

May 3, 2024
As for my take on it, I believe there's beauty in the journey of selling or buying a home. It's not just about the destination; it's about the memories made along the way. Each home has its own story to tell, and being part of that narrative is truly special.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Follow up on the (never going to be approved in my lifetime residential tower in SF's Sunset District) is here (click me).

blurb

The 50-story, 680-unit project, the developer tried to argue, should be allowed at the site under the density bonus law, because it was set to include 110 affordable units. The site is zoned for heights of up to 100 feet, and SF supervisors and planning department staff balked at the notion that you could somehow get a 50 stories out of a 50% density bonus.

Now, as the Chronicle reports, the developer sent a letter to the Planning Department withdrawing the project, and announcing that the property is in contract to be sold to another developer with much less ambitious plans. The new developer, a nonprofit subsidiary of Pacific Housing West, has plans for an eight-story, 100% affordable project.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Follow up on the (never going to be approved in my lifetime residential tower in SF's Sunset District) is here (click me).

blurb

The 50-story, 680-unit project, the developer tried to argue, should be allowed at the site under the density bonus law, because it was set to include 110 affordable units. The site is zoned for heights of up to 100 feet, and SF supervisors and planning department staff balked at the notion that you could somehow get a 50 stories out of a 50% density bonus.

Now, as the Chronicle reports, the developer sent a letter to the Planning Department withdrawing the project, and announcing that the property is in contract to be sold to another developer with much less ambitious plans. The new developer, a nonprofit subsidiary of Pacific Housing West, has plans for an eight-story, 100% affordable project.

About what I assumed would happen.