***Official Impeachment Proceedings***

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I love how all this selective "closed door testimony" still has no problem finding its way to the MSM.

Why not just make it a public hearing so we can see all sides of the testimonies?

Nah, Dems can't allow that kind of transparency.
Since when do you need facts to twist and distort reality.
just have at it like usual.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/22/william-taylor-ukraine-testimony-trump-054259

I don't think the whistleblower is gonna matter anymore. :oops:

President Donald Trump’s top envoy to Ukraine told House impeachment investigators on Tuesday of intense efforts by administration officials to secure politically-motivated investigations of Trump’s rivals in exchange for a White House meeting with Ukraine’s president and critical military aid, according to sources in the room for the testimony.

William Taylor prompted sighs and gasps when he read a lengthy 15-page opening statement, two of the sources said.

Another person in the room said Taylor’s statement described “how pervasive the efforts were” among Trump's allies to convince Ukrainian officials to launch an investigation targeting former Vice President Joe Biden and another probe centering on a debunked conspiracy theory regarding the 2016 election.

Taylor also described the extent to which military assistance to Ukraine and a potential White House meeting with Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart were tied to those investigations, the source added.
“The body language of the people hearing it was ‘holy s---,’ seriously,”
Rep. Harley Rouda (D-Calif.), a member of the Oversight Committee, said in reference to Taylor’s opening statement.

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.), a senior member of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, characterized the testimony as a “sea change” that “could accelerate” the impeachment inquiry. Another lawmaker, Democratic Rep. Tom Malinowski of New Jersey, said it was “the most thorough accounting we’ve had of the timeline.”

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Reminds me of how Carter Page doesn't really matter anymore.

He was the poster boy for Russia 1.0.

Now we have Russia 2.0 and the original source AGAIN doesn't matter anymore.
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/22/william-taylor-ukraine-testimony-trump-054259

I don't think the whistleblower is gonna matter anymore. :oops:

President Donald Trump’s top envoy to Ukraine told House impeachment investigators on Tuesday of intense efforts by administration officials to secure politically-motivated investigations of Trump’s rivals in exchange for a White House meeting with Ukraine’s president and critical military aid, according to sources in the room for the testimony.

William Taylor prompted sighs and gasps when he read a lengthy 15-page opening statement, two of the sources said.

Another person in the room said Taylor’s statement described “how pervasive the efforts were” among Trump's allies to convince Ukrainian officials to launch an investigation targeting former Vice President Joe Biden and another probe centering on a debunked conspiracy theory regarding the 2016 election.

Taylor also described the extent to which military assistance to Ukraine and a potential White House meeting with Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart were tied to those investigations, the source added.
“The body language of the people hearing it was ‘holy s---,’ seriously,”
Rep. Harley Rouda (D-Calif.), a member of the Oversight Committee, said in reference to Taylor’s opening statement.

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.), a senior member of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, characterized the testimony as a “sea change” that “could accelerate” the impeachment inquiry. Another lawmaker, Democratic Rep. Tom Malinowski of New Jersey, said it was “the most thorough accounting we’ve had of the timeline.”
More secret, closed door testimony makes it out to the light of day, somehow?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I love how all this selective "closed door testimony" still has no problem finding its way to the MSM.

Why not just make it a public hearing so we can see all sides of the testimonies?

Nah, Dems can't allow that kind of transparency.
Are there GOP congressmen in the hearings?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Are closed door testimonies a new thing that are never used?
I'd like to see them public. but also I don't want to see Jim Jordan and Tards like him grandstanding cause they're on TV spending their time talking about Fusion GPS and Hillary's emails.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca