***Official Impeachment Proceedings***

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Nope

Hitler created the Holocaust and killed millions of Jews. Does that fact imply support of that?
do you believe that what you just did there is comparable to the behavior
which you're being criticized for?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
do you believe that what you just did there is comparable to the behavior
which you're being criticized for?
Most of the time, absolutely.

When you guys have conniption fits after I point out Trump's corruption is simply par for the course for an American politician, I'm accused of supporting this corruption or defending this corruption, when it is just a simple statement of fact

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
Stating facts that are not actually facts, does imply support, because it means you are willing to suspend critical reasoning for your beliefs and support.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and Ifallalot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Most of the time, absolutely.

When you guys have conniption fits after I point out Trump's corruption is simply par for the course for an American politician, I'm accused of supporting this corruption or defending this corruption, when it is just a simple statement of fact
Because Trump is worse than any of them, I know you delusions/pride will not allow you to accept this fact. Face it, boi, you are just another rube who bough Don the Cons bill of goods.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Bearnie Slanders

OTF status
Jul 14, 2017
Charles Schumer:

"Mr. President, this is a day of solemnity and awe. I rise humbled that we are participating in a process that was mapped out more than 200 years ago by the Founding Fathers and that the words we say today will be looked upon by historians and future Congresses for guidance. That is quite a responsibility.

I began this process in the House where it degenerated quickly into bitter acrimony. I would like to say . . . to my new colleagues who have wrestled with this case, that I deeply appreciate your fairness and patience and the way this has been handled with such dignity in the Senate.

Growing up, our country and its government seemed like a mighty oak — strong, rooted, permanent, and grand.

It has shaken me that we stand at the brink of removing a President — not because of a popular groundswell to remove him and not because of the magnitude of the wrongs he’s committed — but because conditions in late 20th century America has made it possible for a small group of people who hate Bill Clinton and hate his policies to very cleverly and very doggedly exploit the institutions of freedom that we hold dear and almost succeed in undoing him.

Most troubling to me are the conditions that allowed this to happen, than the small group who precipitated them.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
Will there be any witnesses during the impeachment trial? Can you Trumpers give your take on not allowing witnesses, or what witnesses you would like to see?

Before you Trumpers want Hunter Biden to be called as a witness, let me remind you:

1. The Aid to Ukraine was already approved as Ukraine passed corruption benchmarks set by the Defense and State department.
2. The GAO has concluded that Trump violated a law when he withheld foreign aid, so whatever reason he gave to withhold aid is irrelevant. He committed an unlawful act by simply withholding aid.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Charles Schumer:

"Mr. President, this is a day of solemnity and awe. I rise humbled that we are participating in a process that was mapped out more than 200 years ago by the Founding Fathers and that the words we say today will be looked upon by historians and future Congresses for guidance. That is quite a responsibility.

I began this process in the House where it degenerated quickly into bitter acrimony. I would like to say . . . to my new colleagues who have wrestled with this case, that I deeply appreciate your fairness and patience and the way this has been handled with such dignity in the Senate.

Growing up, our country and its government seemed like a mighty oak — strong, rooted, permanent, and grand.

It has shaken me that we stand at the brink of removing a President — not because of a popular groundswell to remove him and not because of the magnitude of the wrongs he’s committed — but because conditions in late 20th century America has made it possible for a small group of people who hate Bill Clinton and hate his policies to very cleverly and very doggedly exploit the institutions of freedom that we hold dear and almost succeed in undoing him.

Most troubling to me are the conditions that allowed this to happen, than the small group who precipitated them.
Sweet, know do some Lindsay Graham and Kenneth Star quotes, or how about defender of Epstein. Dershowitz?