***Official Impeachment Proceedings***

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Will there be any witnesses during the impeachment trial? Can you Trumpers give your take on not allowing witnesses, or what witnesses you would like to see?

Before you Trumpers want Hunter Biden to be called as a witness, let me remind you:

1. The Aid to Ukraine was already approved as Ukraine passed corruption benchmarks set by the Defense and State department.
2. The GAO has concluded that Trump violated a law when he withheld foreign aid, so whatever reason he gave to withhold aid is irrelevant. He committed an unlawful act by simply withholding aid.
The House Impeaches. The senate determines the validity of what the House has already done and determines the remedy. Basically you're asking for a do-over because the House did a shitty job.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
The House rushed this, then sat on it a month after all the supposed "urgency....clear and present danger..." blah, blah.

Now they want a do over, which they likely will end up doing once this gets pummeled in the Senate. We'll see new House impeachment bunker hearings by Spring, if the Senate finishes by then.

SUCH a charade. Dems are bastardizing and weaponizing this whole process. I feel sorry for them actually, in what this will end up doing for their "brand".

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
If funds were withheld, it was for OUR security purposes.

Trying to prove otherwise, is the Dems stretching of THEIR assumptions task.
except Trump's own summary of the call contents is at odds with what you're claiming here

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
Meanwhile, a new 9', 295 degree 15 sec NW swell arrived today, lighting up select winter spots. Tomorrow should be better, more consistent, and have better weather.

As for Trump, he will be acquitted, he will be re-elected, he will get to choose 1-2 new SCOTUS justices, the US economy will continue to explode, and most importantly, the US dollar will still BE the global reserve currency.

What does this mean to surfers looking for good waves, perhaps occasionally uncrowded, with power, shape and form? How do you bank on the basic facts of life summarized above?

Do yourself a favor and review information on exponential growth and the (population) doubling rate. Apply that to what you've experienced first hand in CA & HI. Invest, profit and surf into the sunset.

Don't waste your time on theatrics. Every day wasted here concerned/worried/outraged/played is a day you'll never regain doing what you want to do. Ask OTF.

Reactions: JBerry

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Can you be more specific?

Your generalization is a form of evasion.

I'm just trying to see how you see it.
You will never see it. bias is too embedded.

You are looking to prove speculative assumptions, instead of looking at actual outcomes.

"If true" lives rent free in most Dems here.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
security is never mentioned in any of the communique

the requirement that they publicly announce an investigation
in to biden to get the aid released is

you've made an assertion without proof while trying to detract
from an opposing assertion that is corroborated

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You will never see it. bias is too embedded.

You are looking to prove speculative assumptions, instead of looking at actual outcomes.

"If true" lives rent free in most Dems here.
So rather than present evidence to support your conclusion that trump held up funds for national security you are going to accuse me of being too biased.

Why not present your evidence that trump withheld the funds for the good of the country?

Reactions: Phi1

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
security is never mentioned in any of the communique

the requirement that they publicly announce an investigation
in to biden to get the aid released is

you've made an assertion without proof while trying to detract
from an opposing assertion that is corroborated
The supposed requirement of the public announcement is NOT corroborated by ANY first hand testimonies. Like much of the House testimonies. Kent was the closest you can get, but still not first hand testimony.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
logical fallacy given that first hand testimony has been withheld

you still have not provided any evidence to back your claim that the
aid was being withheld for security purposes.

focus on that part, please.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
They had every right to withhold aid to determine if new Ukraine prez was as corrupt as the previous, IMO. It was still delivered well before the deadline. Leakers leaking (Eric C) is coming back to bite the Dems in the ass.

This stuff (military aid) is highly classified info, I would imagine. We may never get 100% answers on the "why", as it would possibly spill more internationally than what we want "out there". This would be my defense, but I'm not running this circus.

Dems are reaping what they've sown, making a huge mountain out of tiny anthill. This is going better in the Senate than I expected. 0-11 on Dem driven amendments is a prelude to the outcome, I believe.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
So rather than present evidence to support your conclusion that trump held up funds for national security you are going to accuse me of being too biased.

Why not present your evidence that trump withheld the funds for the good of the country?
The God King always acts for the good of the country, obviously! Once again the rube showing his cult like devotion to a con man.