sometimes leaves his position on the graph outside the magic quadrant

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
the intercept does good journalism

anything russia related goes through a special lens with greenwald which
sometimes leaves his position on the graph outside the magic quadrant
He rightly goes after the excesses of the US, but people bring up Russia, he's like, "yeah, yeah, that's neither here nor there," when it's not.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Greenwald trips me out.

He's kind of like a modern-day Hitchens. Obviously brilliant, but so much bloviating, esoteric jibber jabber, and maybe being contrarian just for the sake of it. Maybe I'm reading that wrong? And this article serves little more than to feed confirmation biases on either side.

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019

I doubt any Trumpers are going to read the actual impeachment documents. It goes into a lot of detail, including defending bogus "process" complaints from Republicans.

"III. The House’s Inquiry Was Fully Authorized by House Rules and Precedent"
"IV. President Trump Received Ample Procedural Protections " -citing Nixon's and Clinton's precedents.
"D. The Minority Was Afforded Full and Adequate Procedural Rights "

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
He's kind of like a modern-day Hitchens. Obviously brilliant, but so much bloviating, esoteric jibber jabber, and maybe being contrarian just for the sake of it. Maybe I'm reading that wrong? And this article serves little more than to feed confirmation biases on either side.
He seems like the Geraldo Rivera of the Left.
Unfortunately.
He seems to think he is a serious journalist, but his stuff is riddled with hyperbole and personal drama. Whatever he reports on is hard to take it seriously.

Reactions: FecalFace

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
He seems like the Geraldo Rivera of the Left.
Unfortunately.
He seems to think he is a serious journalist, but his stuff is riddled with hyperbole and personal drama. Whatever he reports on is hard to take it seriously.
It is very interesting Greenwald/Assange never goes after Russia? Like there is no corruption to expose?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Way too many smart people fall into that trap. Just look at every article in the Atlantic

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
"Obviously brilliant, but so much bloviating, esoteric jibber jabber, and maybe being contrarian just for the sake of it."

Not so obvious to me. Clever, yes. I've never felt that it was a good use of my time to read him. So I quit.