Official get people back to the office thread.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I'm fine with transplants. That ship has sailed. But still, when in Rome.

NYCers and Jerseybois/gurlz, however, seem incapable of "when in Rome" for the most part. Loud, obnoxious, can't shutup about how great "the city" is, Yankees, Yankees stickers, "da shore", why is there no Dunkin Donuts, "Are you from Brooklyn? I'm from Brooklyn!" etc. Same goes for Philly (WA WA!!!!!!), Boston etc.
You do realize when you moved in the actual locals were saying the same about you?

Reactions: gbg

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I'm saying everywhere, especially everywhere coastal is either in the process of being penetrated or is at the "just the tip" part of penetration.

This is not limited to CA.
Like I've said, the illegals coming from south aren't really the problem - they work and contribute and aren't driving up housing and other COL factors.

But the transplants from flyover country (yes, including the East), hahaha, yeah, that has got to be limited via quota.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Times have changed. Old crew has methed out of existence and only a few guys left to defend the place. It's a complete sh!tshow every little swell now.
Yes, I know. And it’s partly my fault for calling some of the “enforcers” on their bluff. All bark and no bite.

Plus that one guy who is no longer physically capable of surfing anymore.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You do realize when you moved in the actual locals were saying the same about you?
Please, do not clump me in with your Philly/NYC/Boston/NJ ilk.

I don't think you read my post, or you're simply missing my point.

I'm thinking more you're missing my point.

The election of Donald Trump was a very weird scenario, and not just because of Trump. More because he's some obnoxious blowhard from NYC. The rest of the country doesn't look too fondly on that city (or region's) exports.

You can actually take classes to learn how to lose your NYC accent. That should tell you something.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
This had ben happening in CA/Worls since the beginning, Indians then Spanish then Anglos then Okies then East Coasters and on and on it goes.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Like I've said, the illegals coming from south aren't really the problem - they work and contribute and aren't driving up housing and other COL factors.
They buy up the fixed supply of cheap housing while Asian and East coast immigrants buy up the UMC/ high end. The supply has not kept up with the demand, so the price rises for everyone. This is great for a government extremely dependent on all sources of tax revenue, including property taxes.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Point Arena is nice. They are very friendly to outsiders there. Always happy to see new faces in the water.
Bunch of kooks. Paddle 30 yards deeper and make the wave on a big day and they shut right up. At least that was my experience. Because they sure as hell can't do it.

That coin operated warm shower sure is nice after a surf session.

Reactions: 20W-50 and blood

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Bunch of kooks. Paddle 30 yards deeper and make the wave on a big day and they shut right up. At least that was my experience. Because they sure as hell can't do it.

:ROFLMAO:
Didn't a canyon loc pick a fight with Shane Dorian there, and Shane ended up beating up the local? LOLZ if that's true

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
typical rando blow in talking sh!t about their core norcal session. try being respectful. you'll have more fun

cove and pier are still closed btw so yeah not too welcoming this fall

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

I had a similar experience. I never really interacted with anyone though.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
:ROFLMAO:
Didn't a canyon loc pick a fight with Shane Dorian there, and Shane ended up beating up the local? LOLZ if that's true
Ive had some words thrown my way up there a couple times. I just tell them I understand the situation, I’m not a local and I’m going to surf.

When it goes farther than that I simply ask ‘what are you going do?’

That typically ends it.