*** Official Fin Thread ***

Aug 4, 2020
Im around 155 and I like my techflex F4 set in a tight, narrow tail. Otherwise I like F6 or something wih more area to push off of

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
Anyone have inside intel on the new futures fins Conner coffin has been riding? According to futures’ IG a few days ago, they’re supposed to be coming soon, but no other details

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
It was supposed to be in between the M/L futures merrick fins. Probably the same ones

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Those stussy fins are different than s double

Salsas fin template is no good , they look like a worse version of the old jordy fins .

Usually you want less base than depth , not to much if any recurve , tip area is needed to keep turns stable .

Sep 14, 2019
I’m 200lbs, average surfing ability, which set of fcs twin fins would you suggest for a 6’8 Maurice Cole red dingo (6’8x ~21x 2.75)

Mostly surf softer point breaks in malibu/north la

Thanks!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I know Rob doesn't get much respect as a shaper (or probably more accurately board "designer"), but I've actually really liked his fins. Anyone have any thoughts on this new FCS2 thruster set?

"Much shorter and wider than a traditional thruster set, these tri keel fins feature a more upright side fin for plenty of speed and a swept-back centre fin for added control."
image.png

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I know Rob doesn't get much respect as a shaper (or probably more accurately board "designer"), but I've actually really liked his fins. Anyone have any thoughts on this new FCS2 thruster set?

"Much shorter and wider than a traditional thruster set, these tri keel fins feature a more upright side fin for plenty of speed and a swept-back centre fin for added control."
View attachment 96774
sensitive to hind hoof placement

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Are vaporcore and beta the same tho? I think not...

any industry folks have a clue what they’re selling here? Sounds like recycled fish net plastic resin and a foaming agent to lighten the parts with the “vapor core” and put then secondary operation to get the stiffness back with carbon strips?

will be interesting to see where these are priced. Why not call them Alpha 2.0..oh probably why the name beta if they’re the same as those. Lol.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I just want to say that as a larger human using these fins in many different wider tailed quads.
I love these fins.

Reactions: oeste858

Havoc

May 23, 2016
I just want to say that as a larger human using these fins in many different wider tailed quads.
I love these fins.
freaking hipster!

Havoc

May 23, 2016
Are vaporcore and beta the same tho? I think not...

any industry folks have a clue what they’re selling here? Sounds like recycled fish net plastic resin and a foaming agent to lighten the parts with the “vapor core” and put then secondary operation to get the stiffness back with carbon strips?

will be interesting to see where these are priced. Why not call them Alpha 2.0..oh probably why the name beta if they’re the same as those. Lol.
dunno. i liked the beta series a ton. felt like the old carbon fcs yus i have in flex. maybe better