*** Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion ***

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Congratulations to Messi and Argentina on a great final! Messi definitely lived up to the hype in carrying his team to victory and Martinez with multiple saves...true world champions.

1671481457617.png

Reactions: JSC

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I don't know who won the Superbowl, NBA playoffs, or the World Series last year (and Stanley cup, any golf tourney etc). I probably won't remember who won the world cup a year from now either. :D

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's a different sport, bruh.
Yes, it is. And it has its own advantages. It goes for long stretches without commercial stoppages. You don't need to be superlatively large like the NFL/NBA.

It's also far less dynamic than basketball or ice hockey and the tactics are nowhere near as intricate as football.

I do think it's a better or at least equal spectator sport vs baseball in baseball's current velocity/home run era.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Yes, it is. And it has its own advantages. It goes for long stretches without commercial stoppages. You don't need to be superlatively large like the NFL/NBA.

It's also far less dynamic than basketball or ice hockey and the tactics are nowhere near as intricate as football.

I do think it's a better or at least equal spectator sport vs baseball in baseball's current velocity/home run era.
Football is too complex, you either follow it since you were a kid or you end up only waiting for the touchdowns and not understanding any of the intricacies of what's happening in between. This is why NFL will never be popular world wide.

Basketball is cool. Had my time enjoying it back in the Michael Jordan days like any kid in the planet. It stopped there though. Ice Hockey? I hear it's cool... but I live in a tropical country, it's just not natural to follow it. I did really enjoy playing inline hockey when I was a kid though.

As for baseball, It seems very useful if you suffer from a severe case of insomnia, it will put you to sleep in the first half hour. Very cool to play though, but a disgrace to watch... maybe if you're rooting for your kid.

We all watch the most boring sport of them all though... but tbh I haven't watched any surf contest in a long time now.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I guess that settles it, Football (the one played with your feet, not your hands) IS THE BEST SPORT ON EARTH.

View attachment 144277
All this photo proves is that Argentina belongs in the same class as Brazil, Russia, etc. in the top tier of countries with molten hot magma women.

But thanks for sharing and allow me to suggest that, rather than you getting Subway'd, you should be made a mod. The woman on the left's jubblies...peace be upon them.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You can’t bribe me for a promotion with glorious jibblies, but you can certainly keep trying :dancing:

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Brasil should NOT have lost to Croatia.

Argentina vs France was the Best World Cup Final of all time, but Brasil vs Argentina would have been as good, or better.

Reactions: Joshua2415