*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
He's full of sh!t and should probably be hospitalized with a case of severe confirmation bias. Oh wait, the hospitals are filling up. Maybe just take away his wifi.
You might be in the bed next to me. Hospitalization != CFR or IFR. Bone-up on your definitions.
To the article....
Several studies hint that, compared with the original strain of the virus, the delta variant can make people sicker if they are unvaccinated. One study from Scotland, published June 14 in the journal The Lancet, found that people infected with the coronavirus delta variant had a nearly twofold higher risk of being hospitalized between April and June 2021, compared with those infected with the coronavirus alpha variant, or the variant first detected in the U.K. But those who were vaccinated had a 60% reduced risk of being hospitalized with the delta variant than unvaccinated people who caught delta.
Here she's comparing Delta to Alpha, not Delta to Wild-type like I am.
Another study from Canada, posted to the preprint website medRxiv on July 14, found that people infected with the delta variant were twice as likely to be hospitalized, and twice as likely to die, as those infected with a coronavirus strain that wasn't a "variant of concern" (i.e., not infected with alpha, beta, gamma or delta variants).
Read the comments below the pre-print.
Since the delta variant took off in the U.S. after the availability of vaccines, it's difficult to compare deaths from delta with historical deaths from earlier variants — the fatality rate for all variants is expected to drop as a result of vaccinations, according to The Poynter Institute.
It's difficult, but you can do some back-of-the-envelop calculations and compare CFRs.
The UK's data on VoCs from June:
1628864013023.png
Using Table 4, I divided the cases of Delta in unvaccinated patients by the deaths (11/5172) and get a CFR of .2%. The historical CFR of wild-type SARS-CoV-2 was 2.8%, assuming it was due to lack of vaccines.

(1/.2/2.8) = 14x less deadly, or 28 times less deadly using the CFR in the table above.

Judging by both your article and my math, this post is spreading misinformation:
1628864552793.png

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I heard 30% who get it have long hauler symptoms.

Could be fake news hoax, I know.

I got really sick right at the start and couldn't get a test and I have tinnitus now.

I don't remember having it before this.

It's one of the long hauler symptoms.

I know this proves nothing but . . . .

I thought tinnitus was a high pitched eeeeeeeee sound but for me his a low hisssssssssssssssssss.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

It does seem to be real. Dr. Patterson proposed a mechanism. The number of people with it is probably tough to determine.

I got really sick right at the start and couldn't get a test and I have tinnitus now.

I thought tinnitus was a high pitched eeeeeeeee sound but for me his a low hisssssssssssssssssss.
Tinnitus can be a result of COVID. Dr. Drew's tinnitus got worse and he treated it with fluvoxamine which is one of the drugs Dr. Patterson uses to treat long haulers.
1628871795496.png

Reactions: Autoprax

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Chances are those bills will be zero since most folks who get covid also get better without any drugs or doctors involved.

Big pharma loves you lol!
Try reality for second, the vaccinated are much less likely to end up in the hospital. The unvacced will be the ones incurring the bills including drug costs, so who loves Big Pharma. Free shot vs big medical bills, gee which one should we choose?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
the vaccinated are much less likely to end up in the hospital
This is half of the truth. It is the IMMUNE who are much less likely to end up in the hospital. And that is a TRUE statement whether you got your immunity from vaccination or infection.
Free shot vs big medical bills, gee which one should we choose?
If you are not already immune and you are above the age of 50 I strongly recommend you CHOOSE the shot. Emphasis on CHOICE. If you are above the age of 30 and not already immune, you need to seriously consider the shot. If you are under the age of 30, your chances of serious complications are VERY, VERY low, so I would recommend against the shot. But that is just me and my bias against a lifestyle that is dependent on a never-ending flow of big pharma intravenous drugs when it can easily be avoided.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
This is half of the truth. It is the IMMUNE who are much less likely to end up in the hospital. And that is a TRUE statement whether you got your immunity from vaccination or infection.

If you are not already immune and you are above the age of 50 I strongly recommend you CHOOSE the shot. Emphasis on CHOICE. If you are above the age of 30 and not already immune, you need to seriously consider the shot. If you are under the age of 30, your chances of serious complications are VERY, VERY low, so I would recommend against the shot. But that is just me and my bias against a lifestyle that is dependent on a never-ending flow of big pharma intravenous drugs when it can easily be avoided.
Who is immune?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
People who have recieved a vaccination and people who have been infected with COVID in the past both exhibit a similar level of immunity.
What made you decide you owe an explanation to everyone on here? I can see explaining things to some people who have tried to find the answers themselves after reading your posts but not people at the bottom of the social ladder who are there for good reason.

Reactions: crustBrother

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
People who have recieved a vaccination and people who have been infected with COVID in the past both exhibit a similar level of immunity.
Still not addressing the fact that unvacced are the ones going to be paying the medical bills and check your facts bout being immune from previous infection, many cases of people getting it 2x.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What made you decide you owe an explanation to everyone on here? I can see explaining things to some people who have tried to find the answers themselves after reading your posts but not people at the bottom of the social ladder who are there for good reason.
Says the shameless liar.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Hawaii has been ramping up the last month for All Islands. Spooky, with this new variant.
Some restaurants, have closed in Hanalei due to employee COVID -19 variant cases, some because of a lack of workers / employees or gone to a modified work week.
Wednesday and Thursday this week for the restaurant that I work at. Lack of back of the house workers and just "burnt the phuck out" from doing 250 to 350 dinners a night.
Six out of eight restaurants closed in Hanalei Tuesday night for COVID related or a lack of employees with "tourists wandering around" looking for a place to eat.

Welcome to Kauai's north shore, where yer not sure where you can or if you can eat nor when you can get there due to standing traffic going no where ~ tourists $$$ at work.

• Wow
Reactions: Aruka and Autoprax

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Hawaii has been ramping up the last month for All Islands. Spooky, with this new variant.
Some restaurants, have closed in Hanalei due to employee COVID -19 variant cases, some because of a lack of workers / employees or gone to a modified work week.
Wednesday and Thursday this week for the restaurant that I work at. Lack of back of the house workers and just "burnt the phuck out" from doing 250 to 350 dinners a night.
Six out of eight restaurants closed in Hanalei Tuesday night for COVID related or a lack of employees with "tourists wandering around" looking for a place to eat.

Welcome to Kauai's north shore, where yer not sure where you can or if you can eat nor when you can get there due to standing traffic going no where ~ tourists $$$ at work.
"Let them eat cake"

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
They are really coming out of the woodwork these days. Maybe bohter had a point with 5G.

ReptilIan tinnitus, might need to look into that.
moderna vaccinated, right?

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
New policy at my hospital:

No entry without proof of vaccination...

That's right folks!

You cannot enter without proof you had a vaccine allowing you to catch and transmit a virus!

Clowntown!
Casa, I am going to need some background information to fully understand this. Wouldn't an exemption would be given for an emergency? Or is it a private hospital with no emergency entry? In Australia the private hospitals do not have emergency entry. That is taken care of by the state run public ones.

If it is either exempted for emergency or a private referral only hospital, then what is so bad about that? Unlike Aus I believe the vaccine has been readily available to all in the US for some time. I haven't been getting into the finer points of vaccinated transmission rates and have just been operating on the basis that Australia's Doherty thinktank have worked out that our way back to a new normal is via high vax rates. Therefore encouraging vaccine uptake is a good thing.

Reactions: PPK96754

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
Casa, I am going to need some background information to fully understand this. Wouldn't an exemption would be given for an emergency? Or is it a private hospital with no emergency entry? In Australia the private hospitals do not have emergency entry. That is taken care of by the state run public ones.

If it is either exempted for emergency or a private referral only hospital, then what is so bad about that? Unlike Aus I believe the vaccine has been readily available to all in the US for some time. I haven't been getting into the finer points of vaccinated transmission rates and have just been operating on the basis that Australia's Doherty thinktank have worked out that our way back to a new normal is via high vax rates. Therefore encouraging vaccine uptake is a good thing.
maybe not. I jest, yes, vaccinated is proving to be the best bet, more positives involved than negatives, so, what are unvaccinated individuals waiting on? The good lord j.c. For an arrow put forth in the right direction?

I’ve been looking for an arrow all my life. Straight and true!

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
so, what are unvaccinated individuals waiting on?
As one who hasn't yet vaccinated, I can only bring my personal imho reasoning:

1-) population vs incidence of transmission. (super low on this island, even lower in the municipality where I reside, actually ZERO in the town where my home is located).

2-) low rates of transmission in less populated areas.

3-) 125,000 on the entire island upon which I reside.

4-) low rates of tourism right now.

5-) avoidance of tourist locations at all costs.

6-) finally, and personally most important, waiting for the "vaccine trials" to be completed, to see what the true effects are... as has been proven effective in the past by normal vaccine approval procedures.

Also, I put off any travel until this clears up and the dust settles down.

P.S. for any drug trial to be scientific, there HAS TO BE, a control group. If everyone vaccinated, where's the control group?

:shrug::computer::cheers::beer::waving::shaka:

As far as your initial premise, only time will tell. Right?