*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I have a couple friends, like fairly normal functioning adults who have jobs and own homes, who are anti vax. They come at it from different angles though. The one friend's wife is a trumper, watches fox news 24/7 and is probably in some crazy FB groups. My friend told me, no doubt parroting his wife, that there is fetal stem cells in every shot and some other crazy stuff that I forgot. He seemed very concerned about it and I was almost afraid to admit that I had already been vaxxed months earlier so I just kind of smiled and nodded. The other friend is a bit more like natural hippy type. He's basically convinced it's no big deal. My immune system is strong, i'll be fine, he said. He was talking about elderberry syrup fighting covid or some sh!t...not even kidding. His mom is super crystal healing, essential oil lady and I know it's her influence over him that's got him hesitant. I swear if you go too far to left or to the right you end up at the same crazy place.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
What happens when all these anti vaxxers get sick? They run right to the hospital so the science they do not believe in can save them, true scumbags.
Today, I casually asked my anti-vax covid-stricken kid, with 10 days down and no improvement, "what does the doctor say?"...

Was shocked to find out she doesn't have a doc, has not seen one since she tested positive. l had just assumed she was under someone's care. She's self-treating via Google, says she'll go seek professional medical advice if/when she develops breathing problems.

I asked her to get some actual medical/healthcare advice from a professional....that I don't want the first professional medical person that she actually sees to be an EMT. AITA?

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Truly unbelievable that noone has yet mentioned a GLOBAL PUBLIC HEALTH approach towards a PANDEMIC THAT AFFECTS THE GLOBE.

If this isn't the perfect example that profit is the single motivation behind EVERYTHING, then I don't know what is.

Must be nice when you get the hospital bills after surviving any disease that lands you in the hospital for more than a week, huh?

American tourists after visiting a hospital (or just any social security medical facility) "so, where's the billing area so I can pay?". You don't have to, the only money dept here is accounting to order food/medicine/supplies.

Every single one starts to cry when they realize what "it should be like" and "how I'm being ripped off blind at home".

Yeah, imagine that? Medicine for people's actual health care, not as a business for profit.

:socrazy::shrug::socrazy:

Last edited:

Havoc

May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Delta is more infectious but about 1/28th as deadly. There are probably a lot of people - vaccinated and unvaccinated - spreading it without knowing it or ending up the hospital. Your odds of ending up in the hospital are lower with the vaccine.
where did u find the 1/28th as deadly? scientific study?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Truly unbelievable that noone has yet mentioned a GLOBAL PUBLIC HEALTH approach towards a PANDEMIC THAT AFFECTS THE GLOBE.

If this isn't the perfect example that profit is the single motivation behind EVERYTHING, then I don't know what is.

Must be nice when you get the hospital bills after surviving any disease that lands you in the hospital for more than a week, huh?

American tourists after visiting a hospital (or just any social security medical facility) "so, where's the billing area so I can pay?". You don't have to, the only money dept here is accounting to order food/medicine/supplies.

Every single one starts to cry when they realize what "it should be like" and "how I'm being ripped off blind at home".

Yeah, imagine that? Medicine for people's actual health care, not as a business for profit.

:socrazy::shrug::socrazy:
It's more complicated than you will ever understand...you really don't have a clue.

Maybe go back to ranting how "N95 masks are worthless because I can still smell stuff when wearing one."

lol

Or maybe focus your energies on fixing your country's average 16% unemployment rate.

It's been like that for decades.:socrazy:

Last edited:

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
where did u find the 1/28th as deadly? scientific study?
He's full of sh!t and should probably be hospitalized with a case of severe confirmation bias. Oh wait, the hospitals are filling up. Maybe just take away his wifi.

Reactions: sussle