*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah and it’s self propelling. Less economic activity means everyone is either totally broke or saving a majority of what they might otherwise spend on local and national spending. Less spending means less economic activity, further compounding and extending the problem. Giddy up. Good morning.

the Human toll of the virus itself will be like a grumpy Phil the groundhog versus the raging spitting honey badger of economic carnage that may already be unleashed

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
Yeah and it’s self propelling. Less economic activity means everyone is either totally broke or saving a majority of what they might otherwise spend on local and national spending. Less spending means less economic activity, further compounding and extending the problem. Giddy up. Good morning.

the Human toll of the virus itself will be like a grumpy Phil the groundhog versus the raging spitting honey badger of economic carnage that may already be unleashed
I think we tend to project our own intellect onto the general population, and it isn’t necessarily true. I’m currently trying to talk both of my best friends out of spending all of their stimulus / unemployment cushions on second cars. Another friend spent his entire stimulus check on Supreme sweaters / skateboard deck, and I have another friend that bought a brand new truck she didn’t need right in the middle of shut down. These peeps are all in their 20’s.

Also just being in downtown hb, everyone walking around just doesn’t give a f. I think economic frugality is without question the most common sense approach to this, and obvious lesson to be learned here. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned from this it’s how little common sense a majority of us have. And on the subject of frugality - my van life choice doesn’t seem to be getting much more love on the dating apps yet . I’m waiting for there to be a shift in the collective consciousness where people start to be like “whoa, you live in a van? That’s brilliant considering the huge economic issues were facing! Damn that’s so rad!”

Once I see that shift, I’ll know people are catching on. Until then, people are just same same ☺

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Some quotes regarding viruses as contagious pathogens....i.e. lots of doctors and medical researchers say they're not a pathogen. These doctors are usually labeled a "quacks" or sometimes "Snake Oil Salesmen"...a term used to discredit their work...much like the term "Conspiracy Theorist". Interesting that it's not settled science...yet the whole world is acting & reacting like it is....

“Medical doctors are working on the germ theory of disease... But the germ theory is already weakening and is due for being thrown aside. Dr. Fraser of Canada and Dr. Powell of California have experimented with billions of germs of all varieties, but they have been unable to produce a single disease by the introduction of germs into human subjects. Dr. Waite tried for years to prove the germ theory, but he could not do so. During the World War an experiment was conducted at Gallop's Island Massachusetts, in which millions of influenza germs were injected into over one hundred men at the Government hospital, and no one got the flu. Germs are scavengers.” -- Principles and Practice of Naturopathy. E.W. Cordingley, M.D

“... viruses are the excretions of a toxic cell. Viruses are pieces of DNA or RNA, with a few other proteins. They butt out from the cell. They happen when the cell is poisoned. They are not the cause of anything.” - Thomas Cowan MD on Rudolf Steiner's insights.

"Had it not been for the mass selling of vaccines, Pasteur's germ theory of disease would have collapsed into obscurity." --- E. Douglas Hume
"We must infer that at least some and probably all three of those Russian peasants died because of Pasteur’s vaccine, as did uncounted people later on....Only one thing is sure: ever since Pasteur developed his "vaccine," the cases of death from rabies have increased, not diminished." - Hans Ruesch

“If the Germ Theory were true, no one would be alive to believe it.” BJ Palmer, D.C.

“In 1915, another medical doctor wrote an article for the top British medical journal Lancet. Dr. Montais studied 21 cases of tetanus, each of whom had received Pasteurian inoculation. The conclusion of the article, which appeared in the 23 Oct 1915 issue, was that in every case, the tetanus had been caused by the inoculation. Dr. Montais said that "Pasteur had created a new form of disease." -- The Post-Antibiotic Age: Germ Theory by Tim O'Shea

“The culprit however, is not the microbe. It is the level of toxicity you have in your own blood stream.” -- Good-Bye Germ Theory, Dr. William P. Trebing 2006

“You’re working under a wrong premise to begin with and you’re never going to find the answer if you do that. Viruses have no nucleus. There’s no respiratory system. There’s no circulatory system. There’s no digestive system. Viruses are not alive. That’s like saying soap is alive. They’re not alive. They are solvents. They are soaps. However, more accurately, they are enzymes to fractionate tissue for waste elimination.” – Aajonus Vonderplanitz

“We agree with those members of the profession who hold that no germ causes tuberculosis. Germs do not cause any disease. Further, we agree that there is more harm in the fear of germs than there is in the germs themselves.” -- Timely Truths on Human Health - Simon Louis Katzoff, M.D. 1921

“We must look rationally at the bacterial issue. Consider the fact that many tribes ate primarily unsalted raw meat, unsalted raw fats and/or unsalted raw dairy products from the beginning. They did not wash their hands or sterilize their food before eating. Every form of natural bacteria, including salmonella, E. coli and campylobacter were eaten with their food abundantly and constantly. Why were they vibrant, healthy and disease free if microbes are the culprits?” _ Aajonus Vonderplanitz (1947) The Recipe for Living Without Disease

“The general public have been told that we do not become ill except when germs penetrate into from without. The germ theory of disease is ridiculous.” -- Bechamp or Pasteur, A lost chapter in the History of Biology - E. Douglas Hume

"Germs cannot be the cause of disease, because disease germs are also found in healthy bodies.” -- Nature Cure, H. Lindlahr,M.D.

“The entire fabric of the germ theory of disease rests upon assumptions which not only have not been proved, but which are incapable of proof, and many of them can be proved to be the reverse of truth. The basic one of the unproven assumptions, wholly due to Pasteur, is the hypothesis that all the so-called infections and contagious disorder are caused by germs.” - M.L. Leverson, M.D

“Any kind of flu is the same thing. When the climate and temperature are right, certain tissues will cleanse. They may have a 7-years cycle. They may have a 6-months cycle. It depends upon the tissue and how contaminated it is. If certain tissue needs to cleanse every two years, our bodies will create, if waste tissue is too toxic for mircrobes, our bodies will create a solvent (a virus) that fractionates and cleanses that particular tissue every two years, every 6 months, every 3 months, every 7 years, every 12 years, depending upon that tissue and how contaminated it is. The myth that herpes is contagious is pharmaceutical industry fiction to scare you into taking medication.” – Aajonus Vonderplanitz

What’s happening is, like I said, we have colds, which are mainly bacterial, which go feed on toxic tissue that’s been damaged – we don’t eat well enough, we don’t eat all raw and therefore we accumulate toxicity. So bacteria have to come in and eat that waste product because we can’t keep up with all the waste. OK. So that’s what a cold is. Flu is mainly viral. Some bacteria may be active during flu. Some areas of our bodies may not be so contaminated that bacteria – the natural way that we cleanse with bacteria when we’re overloaded with toxicity or waste products, will help us. But when we are so toxic that the bacteria are poisoned by the tissue, from chemical inundation, then we have to make solvents. Each cell makes a solvent. Each cell makes a soap to help clean itself. And it’s a union. It’s like a factory. All the particular cells get together and say, “Let’s make this to help clean ourselves.” So they make enzymes which we will call soap to do that. So there’s nothing dormant about it. It’s just that when the accumulation of industrially contaminated waste is so great and you can’t use microbes then the cells make solvents, that is, viruses we call flu.”- Aajonus Vonderplanitz

“Three criteria are, according to the scientific method needed to properly identify a virus. It must be isolated from a host cell. As of 2016 this has never been accomplished in humans. It must be photographed and it’s diameter measured. As of 2016 this has never been accomplished in humans. It must be biochemically characterized. As of 2016 this has never been accomplished in humans. This has never been done with any virus (herpes, hepatitis, h1n1, bird flu, swine flu, influenza, polio, measles) let alone HIV, HPV, SARS, Zika or Ebola.”- Viruses. How Much is that Dogma in the Window? – New Medicine Online

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I’m currently trying to talk both of my best friends out of spending all of their stimulus / unemployment cushions on second cars. Another friend spent his entire stimulus check on Supreme sweaters / skateboard deck, and I have another friend that bought a brand new truck she didn’t need right in the middle of shut down.
I like your friends. They sound like people I'd want to hang out with.

I’m waiting for there to be a shift in the collective consciousness where people start to be like “whoa, you live in a van? That’s brilliant considering the huge economic issues were facing! Damn that’s so rad!”
So where do you shower now that gyms are closed?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think we tend to project our own intellect onto the general population, and it isn’t necessarily true. I’m currently trying to talk both of my best friends out of spending all of their stimulus / unemployment cushions on second cars. Another friend spent his entire stimulus check on Supreme sweaters / skateboard deck, and I have another friend that bought a brand new truck she didn’t need right in the middle of shut down. These peeps are all in their 20’s.

Also just being in downtown hb, everyone walking around just doesn’t give a f. I think economic frugality is without question the most common sense approach to this, and obvious lesson to be learned here. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned from this it’s how little common sense a majority of us have. And on the subject of frugality - my van life choice doesn’t seem to be getting much more love on the dating apps yet . I’m waiting for there to be a shift in the collective consciousness where people start to be like “whoa, you live in a van? That’s brilliant considering the huge economic issues were facing! Damn that’s so rad!”
sounds like too many dumb people with no sense are voting. hmmm...maybe we should limit the franchise (see my avatar).

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Wife got the antibody test results back from quest diagnostics, one of the big labs down here and whose test is fda approved:
Negative

She works in the 3rd biggest city in our county w a huge population of Chinese immigrants. Doesn't see 300+ students per week, like I do, but she was really sick after winter break and again in March. Surprising.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Might as well extend this article to every major tourism center not to mention commercial real estate on the planet.

And if work from home persists, even worse.

The economic carnage will be unprecedented.

We're looking at a new Dark Ages akin to the fall of Rome and the collapse of civilization during the Bronze Age.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Might as well extend this article to every major tourism center not to mention commercial real estate on the planet.

And if work from home persists, even worse.

The economic carnage will be unprecedented.

We're looking at a new Dark Ages akin to the fall of Rome and the collapse of civilization during the Bronze Age.

I think the current plan is for the government to buy all the real estate. Local governments will convert them into low income and vagrant subsidized housing. NorCal governments and LA county were already doing this. Mike Bonin was really excited about this.

I think we're headed towards some sort of a command economy.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think the current plan is for the government to buy all the real estate. Local governments will convert them into low income and vagrant subsidized housing. NorCal governments and LA county were already doing this. Mike Bonin was really excited about this.
That is the "plan" but where will the money come from?

The states are tapped out, the fed gvmt is tapped out, and there's no tax revenue coming in.

Then you have maintenance/upkeep costs.

I think we're headed towards some sort of a command economy.
Me too.

Command economies tend to lead to shortages and starvation.

Central planning does not work. We have plenty of data from the Soviet Union.

CAN'T HAPPEN IN THE USA THOUGH! WE R SPECIAL PPL!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That is the "plan" but where will the money come from?

The states are tapped out, the fed gvmt is tapped out, and there's no tax revenue coming in.

Then you have maintenance/upkeep costs.

Me too.

Command economies are how you get shortages and starvation.

CAN'T HAPPEN IN THE USA THOUGH!
The Fed. The Fed is buying muni bonds and corporate ETFs. The Fed will own most of the economy.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I read a projection yesterday that estimated somewhere around 75,000 people would die as a result of economic collapse. Drugs, alcohol, suicide, lost health care, lost jobs, homelessness, etc etc etc. Edge of a razor. No easy way out.

Fvcking China.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaido

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I read a projection yesterday that estimated somewhere around 75,000 people would die as a result of economic collapse. Drugs, alcohol, suicide, lost health care, lost jobs, homelessness, etc etc etc. Edge of a razor. No easy way out.

Fvcking China.

Hey man take it easy on China.

To say bad things about China is RACISSSSS

To call it the Wuhan virus is RACISSSSS

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I wonder if this will be a biflationary scenario?

a decrease in demand leading to deflation while the fed printer is hot to touch?
It already has. Look at CA - no one can afford a house, unless you're too poor and can get on a waitlist for low-income housing. Over half the state rents; most of the rental property are controlled by big corporate interests who can sell bonds. The little guy can't afford assets besides stocks but the big guy can no matter how much he screws up. The local governments will just take after the corporatoins.

Newsom can also secede and start a printing press of his own.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
hmm...sock away some cushion in t bills for the coming year or two of state by state carnage? Also buying additional life insurance that yields 5 % tax preferred. Frugal subway going into motion. Already gonna lose at least a full quarter if not half the year In billing... more saving less spending
I get that. Maybe mix in a little bit of bitcoin just to spice things up a bit? Maybe it will do like gold did after the 2008 douchebagshitfuckery?

::shrug::

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
So where do you shower now that gyms are closed?
I have access to a hose that I’ve been using for the past, 2 months now? It’s really not as bad as people think. A couple minutes of very slight discomfort while your body adjusts, then you’re just chillin.