*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Always be careful with these challenges… because you never know who has skills. It would be pretty embarrassing to throw down this gauntlet and get dropped.
I was more than willing to take that chance that day. Maybe I needed a good ass kicking and humiliation. But this twerp was highly unlikely to deliver on that. That’s why I felt guilty afterwards. He was very clearly a little wimp.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I was more than willing to take that chance that day. Maybe I needed a good ass kicking and humiliation. But this twerp was highly unlikely to deliver on that. That’s why I felt guilty afterwards. He was very clearly a little wimp.
I'm not preaching. I'm speaking from experience:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Always be careful with these challenges… because you never know who has skills. It would be pretty embarrassing to throw down this gauntlet and get dropped.
My martial arts teacher would always say assume the other guy knows more than you.

Then, to reenforce the point, all the little guys that were black belts would beat me up.

• Haha
Reactions: Hump

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
My martial arts teacher would always say assume the other guy knows more than you.

Then, to reenforce the point, all the little guys that were black belts would beat me up.
It's the most important (and humbling) thing you learn when you train - that some little 150 pound guy can wrap you up like a pretzel and take away your air until you fade to black and wake up with a bunch of concerned faces looking down at you and big pee stain on your pants.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Three in my fam just got covid. All three vaxxed and tested positive. All have flu-like symptoms but not extreme.

1. Aunt (75)
2. My aunt's daughter (50)
3. My aunt's step-daughter (50-something)

Funeral for my Aunt's husband is supposed to be Thu. He just passed of heart problems. Now my aunt is considering cancelling the funeral. She is stressed beyond her breaking point at this moment.

I'm hesitant to go if it's going to be a covid event, but want to pay my respects. More concerned with mom getting covid. And I'm supposed to drive her. At her age and prior health history, it would not be good.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Three in my family just got covid. All three vaxxed and tested positive. All have flu-like symptoms but not extreme.

1. Aunt (75)
2. My aunt's daughter (50)
3. My aunt's step-daughter (50-something)

Funeral for my Aunt's husband is supposed to be Thu. He just passed of heart problems. Now my aunt is considering cancelling the funeral. She is stressed beyond her breaking point at this moment.

I'm hesitant to go if it's going to be a covid event, but want to pay my respects. More concerned with mom getting covid. And I'm supposed to drive her. At her age and prior health history, it would not be good.
We all got COVID last week - most likely Omicron. It's barely noticeable and lasts about a day.

• Wow
Reactions: r32

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
anyone with pre-existing conditions like asthma or heart probs?
No. I've had 1 x Jannsen, my wife had one shot of Pfizer.

Omicron - like all the data says - is an upper respiratory disease now rather than a lower respiratory disease like previous variants. It's obviously milder if you've been vaccinated.

My parents' friends have gotten it and found it to be mild too.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
My wife got this last week. She went to urgent care as her regular nurse practitioner was booked up for days.

They gave her anti-biotic eye drops and that was it. She might've had a slight fever and a runny nose a couple days, felt a bit under the weather 1 day, and that's it.

Otherwise, not much to even speak of. We're both double vaxxed but not boostered.

I haven't seen any signs/symptoms, so far.

Is it Omicron? Probably, but who the fook cares? We don't. Tests are useless by this point.

Should we be in fear? Some might be freaking out by now.:shrug:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Make it 5. Mom's other sister also got Covid and her son too. They have it worse though, with trouble breathing, sore throats, nasal, and toilet time. Both vaxxed.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Last edited:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Have omicron right now. Sore throat is pretty bad, going on day 3 or 4 of symptoms. May have some other respiratory infection adding to it, who knows.

• Wow
Reactions: r32

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Seems like everyone is getting it, most with mild-moderate flu like symptoms. A coworker died and a relative spent time in the ICU recently. So yes, YMMV

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I tested positive Jan 2. Taken a couple PCRs since and still positive as I suspected. I keep hearing stories about people testing negative soon after. Not me.

I still have a little cough here and there.
Weird moments of chest tightness that last a few minutes. kinda low energy most of the time.

My voice still sounds different. Deeper like my vocal cords are still stressed. I wouldn't say I had a sore throat, but it felt like it was getting there.

Still have the very reactive skin thing going on. It's not itchy or a consistent patch, my skin will just get very hot in a certain spot and be very red. It's going away in a few minutes now. 2 weeks ago it was raised, itchy, and persistent.

I've been at work with a mask on all year, and stepped it up to a better mask.

I surfed for a little bit on Monday. Took my 3 year old out to catch her first couple waves.
Rode a moderate 20 minute program on the stationary bike on Saturday.

Sort of feels like I am getting over a really bad respiratory/flu/cough episode, without actually ever having one with that intensity, if that makes sense..

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
That's the good stuff!

We were just prone on my board with her on my back, but she was hyped. Like, deafeningly screaming in my ear in excitement as we rode in.

Until we took some shorebreak to the face. then she was just screaming and over it. We haven't been able to get her comfortable with her face under water yet, and she bugs out when water is in her eyes, and even more so with salt water, but it was definitely a victory.

Technically, this makes her first surf during the MLK weekend swell at OB. I'll show her pics from Saturday when she gets older instead of Monday.