*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
A shlt ton of "new cases" in SLO lately...Negative 1 death :LOL: again. 10% of the "covid deaths" have been retracted here because after looking into them it turned out they died with, not of. That's without having looked into all of them.
False positives, "covid deaths" that aren't really...

Keep your mask on though. You're saving lives :rolleyes: unless you have an hair appointment.

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
" Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. "

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV

" But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,

lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. "

2 Corinthians 4: 3-4 KJV

" Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. "

John 14: 6 KJV

I am goingoutside now. " Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. "

Hebrews 13:13 KJV

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Do u want him to be?
I am him, thy Son.

You and going outside better watch what you say to me

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

Last edited:

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
De-Railed. Intentional. Obvious. Same forum. Same suicidal tendencies.

I'll repost that Hawaiian article and JamesGang commentary in a little bit. You all clearly need to hear it.:cool::unsure:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I'll step in as the resident expert on all things Jesus. No only are you supposed to turn the other cheek, but forgive 7 times 70 transgressions. If another asks for your coat, you are supposed to give it to them. There is no greater gift than laying down your life for another, which Jesus did willingly. Etc. and etc. and etcetera
Exactly. It's really simple: if you're a follower of Christ, but don't live by all the specific rules that he set out, then STFU. You have zero credibility. I know hundreds of Christians, people who love Jesus, have a blessed day, etc etc... and not one - not. one. - actually follows the teachings of Christ.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Exactly. It's really simple: if you're a follower of Christ, but don't live by all the specific rules that he set out, then STFU. You have zero credibility. I know hundreds of Christians, people who love Jesus, have a blessed day, etc etc... and not one - not. one. - actually follows the teachings of Christ.
Pretty much true. I had a boss who was a Christian, who had no problem shorting my paychecks.

But it is a goal

I asked my last pastor when did the burnt offering at the alter to God become a cash payment to your building fund. I mean I guess I could burn the cash...

I also asked when did street preaching to anybody who would listen, and keeping your day job as a fisherman turn into a $200,000 a year gig?

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Pretty much true. I had a boss who was a Christian, who had no problem shorting my paychecks.

But it is a goal

I asked my last pastor when did the burnt offering at the alter to God become a cash payment to your building fund. I mean I guess I could burn the cash...

I also asked when did street preaching to anybody who would listen, and keeping your day job as a fisherman turn into a $200,000 a year gig?
can he blink as well as Joel?
cause blinking is a big part of superstition.
bet he's a good blinker.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJVS
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Here is a little 3rd grade level theology for you-

The verse above implies that it is impossible to live up to God's moral standard. God designed it that way so man can not boast. Even after being saved. Orthodox Christianity believes Jesus was sinless and walked 33 years without sin. Expecting that of any normal man is not Christianity.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The verse above implies that it is impossible to live up to God's moral standard. God designed it that way so man can not boast. Even after being saved. Orthodox Christianity believes Jesus was sinless and walked 33 years without sin. Expecting that of any normal man is not Christianity.
So a christian being saved is predetermined by god?
or is the gift from based on works?

i thought Christians believed you’re supposed treat others as Jesus would, or at least strive for that, recognizing where you fucked up, asking god for forgiveness, and then continuing to try to treat others as Jesus would

sussle

Oct 11, 2009

heh, more like a 3rd grade level shuffle-and-dodge the issue: as I recall from many years in Christian school systems, it was a little more basic: Jesus taught things like feed the hungry, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless, welcome the stranger, love your neighbor as yourself etc etc etc. we're talking about living like Christ, not living like God. and very few Christians embody any of these acts of selflessness - particularly you.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Your general knowledge of Christianity seems lacking.

Perfection is not expected in Christianity, nor is it considered attainable.

The whole premise of Christianity is that you are born a sinner and stay a sinner. Christian or not.

Also, how do you know and keep track of the actions of the "hundreds" of Christians you know? That's weird man.

Reactions: Jonahbrah

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Your general knowledge of Christianity seems lacking.

Perfection is not expected in Christianity, nor is it considered attainable.

The whole premise of Christianity is that you are born a sinner and stay a sinner. Christian or not.

Also, how do you know and keep track of the actions of the "hundreds" of Christians you know? That's weird man.
see above. as i told jonahbrobrah, talking about acting like Jesus, not God. and pretty much every singe Christian i ever knew was up to his eyeballs in the pursuit of material possessions, over just about everything else.... just like the rest of us poor sinners. so there's that.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

Matthew 7:16
"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

Jonahrah, you are one thorny dude.

Galatians 5 Verse 13, “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.” We have been set free from the curse and burden of keeping the Law, and we have been set free to live for the glory of God!

And my favorite for the tRump Christian, who locks up kids in cages, refuses charity to the poor.
James 2:14 (B)What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 (C)If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and (D)one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.