*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
My father, in his 90's, went to the hospital last week with a nasty cough and 202 degree temp. They put him on a COVID ward. He tested negative. He came home. Now he's coughing and his temp is spiking again. The test accuracy is being called into question. I feel as if I am being stalked by this sh!t. I feel like I'm running on empty. I guess a lot of us feel that way lately.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
and while we're at it, let's cut funds for testing and see if we can take health insurance away from 20 million people. :unsure:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/25/us-coronavirus-testing-sites-federal-support-cut-officials-alarm

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
and while we're at it, let's cut funds for testing and see if we can take health insurance away from 20 million people. :unsure:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/25/us-coronavirus-testing-sites-federal-support-cut-officials-alarm

Why do you hate Redneck Jesus so much?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
My father, in his 90's, went to the hospital last week with a nasty cough and 202 degree temp. They put him on a COVID ward. He tested negative. He came home. Now he's coughing and his temp is spiking again. The test accuracy is being called into question. I feel as if I am being stalked by this sh!t. I feel like I'm running on empty. I guess a lot of us feel that way lately.
I'm sorry GW. This sounds very frustrating. Thinking about your dad.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I'm sorry GW. This sounds very frustrating. Thinking about your dad.
Thanks. He's had a good life. I know I've whined about this a few times. I'm just finding this really difficult. I'm not doing this well.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
There were a ton of protests in New York. I think there was pretty good mask compliance, but certainly not 100%
Any thoughts on why New York isn’t also seeing that increase in covid numbers?
I heard something about people not wanting to go out during the protests due to the rioting/looting that had been going on therefore driving case numbers down further.

As protestors were the minority it drove down the infection rates of the majority.

I have no idea if that's valid but I saw an interview with an epidemiologist hypothesizing such.

Either way, looks like we'll never know.

Last edited:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
My 88 y/o father asked if it is ok to go to a Trump rally yesterday. I told him mom would haunt him through eternity if he did.

His evangelical friend is whispering in his ear again. Maybe he will send an evite to watch his new baptism on zoom next.

Reactions: afoaf

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Thanks. He's had a good life. I know I've whined about this a few times. I'm just finding this really difficult. I'm not doing this well.
You're not alone bro, and thank you for voicing it. I thought I was on the upswing. Inked some decent business the last few weeks (though still paltry compared to what it should be) , weather has been flawless for weeks now, even a bit of "socializing" here and there.... but i just went ballistic on my wife yesterday and while some of my frustration with her may have been "warranted" i feel physically ill for starting such a blow out with her. We hadn't had more than a minor squabble this whole time, but yesterday was awful. We're fine now, mostly, we both apologized, but it was awful. I had to admit to myself, and to Mrs Subway, that i am in fact NOT "better" yet. I mean, it literally got so bad she screamed "I want a divorce" and my classy empathetic reply was "fine, you can have one of the cars and 50 grand if you'll just go away."

Not my finest moment.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: CutnSnip and $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
You're not alone bro, and thank you for voicing it. I thought i was on the upswing. Inked some decent business, weather has been flawless for weeks now, even a bit of "socializing" here and there.... but i just went ballistic on my wife yesterday and while some of my frustration my be "warranted" i feel physically ill for starting such a blow out with her. We hadn't had more than a minor squabble this whole time, but yesterday was awful. We're fine now, we both apologized, but it was awful, and i had to admit to myself, and to Mrs Subway, that i am in fact NOT "better" yet.
I know the feeling Sub. While I'd say overall the GF and myself have done remarkably well through this there have been a few days here and there where the frustration, stress and monotony of spending nearly all day every day with the same person in a small apartment has gotten to me and I caught myself being a complete asshole to her. It's such a shitty feeling. But thankfully we're pretty good about moving on from those moments.

Gotta say that rescuing our pup when we did is proving to be the best decision we could have made. He's changed the whole dynamic of this pandemic period for us. And whenever we start to get at each other I usually put in the ear buds, turn on a podcast or some music and take him for a long walk and everything is better. That or a solid bike ride.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Everyone is uptight. Everywhere. You can just feel the tension coming off of people. I'm possibly projecting a bit, but not much judging by a few of the stupid confrontations I have seen. Everyone is wound tight.

I just called home care and reiterated the "No resuscitation" order my dad put in his will. So much inner conflict/battling emotions.

Reactions: CutnSnip

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
My 88 y/o father asked if it is ok to go to a Trump rally yesterday. I told him mom would haunt him through eternity if he did.

His evangelical friend is whispering in his ear again. Maybe he will send an evite to watch his new baptism on zoom next.
Is he asking for permission or help? I'd be happy he has a friend and is interested in going out and doing something. Anything.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Right now I'm wrestling with myself and my own decisions and double standards more than anything. We rolled the dice and booked a flight back east for mid-july with mileage knowing that there are no change fees if we decide to cancel. My mother is thankfully GTFO out of Floriduh and headed for Rhode Island and we were gonna meet her there for two weeks to lay low by the salt pond and eat fish and clams.

I think her flying out of Floriduh is a worthwhile gamble at this point but I'm not so sure us getting on an airplane with the puppy and flying across the country is. She could use a lot of help with the house but I really don't want to increase her risk of exposure. Currently watching the rising curve and thinking the odds of me pulling the plug are increasing by the day.